3weeks post surgery-memory loss

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otieboomie

I am here although I also here the ticking from the st Jude's aortic valve that was put in me. I also had my aortic synuses or roots replaced. I am 56 years old and wondering if anyone has experienced short term memory loss. There are conversations that took place I have no recollection of during my 8 days in the hospital and even some since I've been home. Has anyone else experienced the short term memory issue?

Re: 3weeks post surgery-memory loss

Yes. I had it too. It goes away, but if you're smart you'll keep using it as an excuse like I do......hehehe.

Very common - especially for the first few days while still in the hospital. Some of the meds they use to sedate us can actually cause short-term memory loss, and these may take a while to clear out of our systems. I also had some "selective perception" for the first couple of weeks after coming home. For almost all of us this only lasts a short time (but statistics say that there is that very, very slight chance that it will linger longer for some).

Hang in there. You're on the good side of the mountain now.

Latest posts

Back