36 'n' done!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hard to believe I've finished my 36 sessions of Cardiac Rehab for my 11/11/2011 open heart surgery; last session was 04/13/2012. I plan to return to the facility via their monthly fee, but I have to find a new job first. Wouldn't mind some other dreams/goals coming true, either...just sayin'.

Some people have likened CR to watching paint dry, but not for me. It made me a bit more "lean'n'mean". More importantly, it was fun, thanks to the nursing staff & fellow rehabbers.

Picture taken at the CR facility, 04/13/2012:
04132012_36lastCardiacRehab_1_me.jpg

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
* rNwJumpStartCruzNite | 5:30-10:30p; SAT, 05/12/12 | BeefVilla, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *
"Only you can do what must be done" __ John Parr __ 'St Elmo's Fire'

Nice going, Cort! Now if you lived closer to where I work, you could come to the Rec Center I use (in Mt. Prospect) -- I'd whip you into shape, you young whippersnapper!:rolleyes:

Congrats from another 'neighbor' right down the road in St. Charles. I have attended two sessions so far myself and all is going well.

Walking with the Dog

Walking with the Dog

Cort, I'm happy to hear you found CR a good experience as did I. Recently, I found I was neglecting my walking so in January I brought home a puppy. Bede is 5 months old now and beginning to walk more than "stop and stroll" saunter of puppy hood. Even so since January, I've lost 10 pounds on the "walking the dog" exercise program.

Bede-01-5_Months.jpg

Larry

Last edited:
Congrats Cort!

Hey... now you can fit more easily into those smaller cars, and also drive those old ones without power steering!

Rob

hey that is awesome! we live so close, this year we have to try to get together for a car show!

Thank you! And, yes, I agree. Are you able to join us for this Cruise Night/OHS party, by chance?
http://www.valvereplacement.org/for...-05-12-2012-Jump-Start-Cruise-Night-OHS-Party!

Nice going, Cort! Now if you lived closer to where I work, you could come to the Rec Center I use (in Mt. Prospect) -- I'd whip you into shape, you young whippersnapper!:rolleyes:

LOL! You mean I'm not yet in shape? *gasps*

Thank you, Steve ... again, it was great seeing you at lunch Monday.

well done cort, looking mean

*grins* Thank you!

Congrats from another 'neighbor' right down the road in St. Charles. I have attended two sessions so far myself and all is going well.

Great, Gregg, and thank you! Where are you doing your sessions? And, whereabouts in St Charles are you? You are welcome to join us at the Jump Start Cruise Night, 05/12/2012 (link above, in my reply to malibu82)...!

Way to go!

Thank you!

Cort, I'm happy to hear you found CR a good experience as did I.

Glad to know that a few of us have had wonderful CR experiences!!!

Mentu said:
Recently, I found I was neglecting my walking so in January I brought home a puppy. Bede is 5 months old now and beginning to walk more than "stop and stroll" saunter of puppy hood. Even so since January, I've lost 10 pounds on the "walking the dog" exercise program.

That's cool, Larry! Sadly, a puppy is not possible at this time for me, but once the weather gets back to the nice weather it HAD been, I plan to go different places to walk, as time permits.

Looking good, Cort!

Take care of yourself! :)

Thank you ... and I sure will try. ;)

Congrats Cort!

Hey... now you can fit more easily into those smaller cars, and also drive those old ones without power steering!

LOL! Yeah, something like that, Rob. Thank you. :)

In some ways, finishing Cardiac Rehab for my 4th open heart surgery has/will make some 2012 anniversaries sweeter & more meaningful.

#35 of my 1st open heart surgery (November 1977)

#25 of my 2nd OHS (March 1987)

#25 of my childhood best friend's death (December 1987)

#20 of my HS graduation (June 1992)

#20 of my 1st car (1979 MC) purchase (October 1992)

#16 of my college graduation (May 1996)

#10 of my 1972 MC purchase (March 2002)

#9 of my 3rd OHS (January 2003)

#3 of my 1979 Caprice Classic (November 2009)

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
* rNw-CC+event: http://rdwhl-capriceclassic.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=whatsgoingon *
"A promise you can't take back" __ Shenandoah __ 'I Wanna Be Loved Like That'

So, I'm told this is a "devilish" grin, but I'm thinking it's more "dorkish"....
04132012_36lastCardiacRehab_7_dorkORdevil.jpg

A road trip or radio show sounds darn good right about now....

"Never settle for the path of least resistance" __ Lee Ann Womack __ 'I Hope You Dance'

Back