33 Year Old Male, Recent Aortic Valve Replacement (Dec 2022)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Cormac,

Glad to hear that you're feeling better, our stories is very similar BAV replaced with an On-x valve i did have a pericardial effusion as well and had a drain inserted around 10 days post op i had around two check ups to see if it was completely drained and also had another check up one month post op(this one I requested myself for my piece of mind lol). They told me the pericardial effusion was due to my INR being too high 3.4 at the time.

I recommend doing the cardiac rehab, personally this has helped me a lot i started feeling a lot better after starting it (more active and more energy).

Best wishes

They told me the pericardial effusion was due to my INR being too high 3.4 at the time.
interesting assessment given that its fluid (not blood)
Pericardial effusion (per-e-KAHR-dee-ul uh-FU-zhun) is the buildup of too much fluid in the double-layered, saclike structure around the heart (pericardium). The space between these layers typically contains a thin layer of fluid

I wonder if it was this?
https://www.osmosis.org/answers/pericardial-tamponade

Thanks so much for this post Cormac. I can relate to a lot of it.

I'm 34 and awaiting surgery for a BAV. Also Irish, but living in Australia. Weighing up having the surgery in Sydney or Dublin. Just want to get it over and done with at this stage.

Did you get a choice on surgical options? like valve repair / replacement / ross procedure? Or did the surgeon just recommend one?

Cheers,
Jeff

interesting assessment given that its fluid (not blood)
Pericardial effusion (per-e-KAHR-dee-ul uh-FU-zhun) is the buildup of too much fluid in the double-layered, saclike structure around the heart (pericardium). The space between these layers typically contains a thin layer of fluid

I wonder if it was this?
https://www.osmosis.org/answers/pericardial-tamponade
Yeah I don't think it was blood, it was a red liquid but it was not Soo dark or thick as blood normally is.

Latest posts

Back