32 years since my first!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good times. 32 years of ticking. Not quite 18 years without. Crossing 50 in a couple days as well. Yikes! Guess I have to stop viewing myself as a youngster on these boards.
You are still a youngster, I had my first child when I was a 51 years youngster and became a stay at home dad. First OHS 1966 second 28/11/2007 and the only real problem in my life at this moment is my wife, she has me on a dry November Oh how I would love a Leffe beer
/

Last edited:
I've heard it said that '50 is the new 30.' This would make me 52, I guess.

I hit 32 years last August, and didn't think about posting that milestone here.

Dick has us all beaten - for now.

No, I don't think 50 makes you 'old.' I'm not so sure that I'm particularly old - although certain parts may not work as well as the model straight off the showroom floor.

Congratulations on your 32 years - may the valve keep ticking (and you along with it) for a long time - even after you really get old.

This tissue valve may give mechanicals some "inspired" competition...

Inspiris Resilia in vitro durability study

Conclusions
In summary, this in vitro study shows that the Inspiris Resilia aortic valve performed well through 1 billion cycles of testing (the equivalent of approximately 25 years of use). All the structural components of the study valves remained intact, and the hemodynamic results were functionally equivalent to those for the zero-cycled control valves. Furthermore, the 1B-cycled valves exhibited similar flow field characteristics as the zero-cycledalves.

yeap, But..., "in vitro" does not have an immune system attacking a foreign tissue,
elementarly, in vitro can tick for 100 years and last more than a mech device,
in vitro......

When it comes to an accelerated life test (in vitro), in the end (for tissue valves), it's simply a bend test - under pressure. At some point that is necessary, the valve needs to last x # cycles before all the other issues (calcification is one) bear out.

Latest posts

Back