31 years on Warfarin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations!

I know that you're trying to move in on Dick's record, but he keeps moving the goal line! :)

My aneurysm ruined any hope. I opted to freshen up the valve, so I’m just a mere 12 years on the current edition.

But the new models have more cup holders and Bluetooth, so there’s that.

My aneurysm ruined any hope. I opted to freshen up the valve, so I’m just a mere 12 years on the current edition.

Wait, so this is not a valve anniversary? This is the initiation of medication anniversary? So, is that like when your wife/girlfriend reminds you of not only anniversary, but "first date" anniversary, "first kiss" anniversary, so that we have to celebrate by buying her more presents?

Dang, I had my Flomax anniversary last week and forgot to let you all know about it :ROFLMAO:

I'm kidding. Warfarin anniversary is very good info to know, as it lets others know that there are people here who have been safely on warfarin for decades. Well done!

You say aneurysm... I've had three of those. Where were yours if you don't mind sharing? I had a CoART so I had two in my head, and one in my subclavian. One in my head hemorrhaged back in 2000, the other was clipped a year later. The one in the subclav has been staying as is (no growth in 15 years).

I'm 24 years on Warfarin. Doesn't seem that long if you ask me.

You say aneurysm... I've had three of those. Where were yours if you don't mind sharing? I had a CoART so I had two in my head, and one in my subclavian. One in my head hemorrhaged back in 2000, the other was clipped a year later. The one in the subclav has been staying as is (no growth in 15 years).

I'm 24 years on Warfarin. Doesn't seem that long if you ask me.

Ascending aorta. After 19 years of ticking, they had to open me up again and replace the aorta. They resized my mechanical valve (up 2 mm’s) while they had the hood up and the engine off.

Okay... I take it you had a bicuspid aortic valve?

My aortic root was dialated when I had my valve job, so they replaced that at the same time.

Latest posts

Back