3000tfx

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JohnnyV_46

Anyone know what the TFX means on my Valve...something about Thermal Fix, but I have know clue what that means....

Nice one johnny

Nice one johnny

In my humble opinion, you have got the best anti calcification treatment on the market, and also one of the best, if not the best, tissue valves available (given the part number i'm pretty sure it's the Perimount Magna)

See this pdf here for some additional information.

http://www.edwards.com/Products/HeartValves/ThermaFixBrochurePDF.htm
Note the reduction in calcification for 3 different animal studies

The study was made using ThermaFix on the old C/E Perimount, but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't apply very similarly to the Magna. The basic concept's the same, it's just the magna will likely for your body have a larger orifice and better haemodynamics (the early follow up studies for the Magna support this.)

This is the one I want. How are you feeling with it?

Thanks guys for the replies....I don't know why it took me 10 months to get more interested in what was in my chest. Unlike alot of people on the board. I had no time what so ever to do any kind of research or worry ( I suppose that was a blessing). I was really upset when the cardiologist asked me how long I'd known about my heart murmur. None of my doctors had ever said anything. I had 3 arteries 80% blocked which is what sent me to the hospital with chest pains. It was not til then did I find out anything about a Bicuspid aortic valve or Aneurism. How is it they measure them? cm's? I know it was a 5 and a 9...is that 59 or 5.9? anyway they said I needed surgery right away. The Surgeon was great! Dr.Munfah at Christian Northeast which is part of St.Louis' Barnes-Jewish-Christian, hospitals. Accompanied me to all the tests after we knew I was going to have to have surgery. I have never been in great physical Shape...I've always been a hard worker but a couch potato when it comes to exercise. I have been slow physically my whole life.

Andy to answer your question, I feel great! Never felt this good that I can remember. There were alot of things that really wore me out easily. In addition to the Aneurism repair, the new 29mm valve, I had a triple by-pass with the Artery coming from my left Forearm. All were done at the same time. My wife said the operation took a long time. I never asked the doctor how long I was on by-pass. I had not found this place til sometime after the surgery. I am on Yahoo IM almost every evening. MY Yahoo ID is Johnnyv_44.I'm able to work without tiring like never before.

I have read a lot of positive feedback on the Magna valves and so far it is at the top of my list.
It looks like Edwards offers several valves:
Perimount
Theon
Magna
Magna Ease
300tfx

I just got off the phone with Edwards "technical support" which was completely clueless. All they wanted to do was point me to a broken website.
She did mention that the 300tfx is their newest valve.

Is this an actual valve or just a new treatment?

I was also looking for dates to get an idea of which valves are newer technology as well as the stats for expected valve useful life.

Would appreciate any input.

Thank You

I have read a lot of positive feedback on the Magna valves and so far it is at the top of my list.
It looks like Edwards offers several valves:
Perimount
Theon
Magna
Magna Ease
300tfx

I just got off the phone with Edwards "technical support" which was completely clueless. All they wanted to do was point me to a broken website.
She did mention that the 300tfx is their newest valve.

Is this an actual valve or just a new treatment?

I was also looking for dates to get an idea of which valves are newer technology as well as the stats for expected valve useful life.

Would appreciate any input.

Thank You

Johnny's post was from 2006, and I know he's had to undergo another valve replacement since then. I'm not sure of the cause, but he stuck with tissue for the second re-op.

Back