30 years....but who's counting?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protimenow

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Congratulations, again, Dick, on your 54 year valversary.

You've lived with your valve 24 years longer than I have with mine (so far). May you keep running with it for many more years.

I've managed to live with my St. Jude's valve for 30 years - yesterday - 8/20. So far, it seems to be clicking along just fine -- although my electrocardiologist hypothesized that one of the stitches formed some scar tissue that may be interfering with my heart rhythym - but who knows?

For me, as of today, I've had this thing for 30 years - and have no idea how long I'll be alive to mark some new anniversaries with this valve in my chest.

Congratulations on 30 years and I wish you many many many+ more years with no more or minor complications from any you have previously had. It has been 42 for me.

42 years. That's great.

This whole thing seems to be as contrived as a couple celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary, or a person living to 100 years old, or a bunch of other things. If a person lives long enough, these things happen. (Of course, wedding anniversaries have something to do with couples actually tolerating each other for all that time.)

Latest posts

Back