3 years post surgery -- another valversary!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marguerite53

Premium Level User
Wow! I feel really good today! And you guys, every last one of you, has helped to bring me to this great feeling. I've been coming here for 5 years. Can't believe it! What a wonderful place -- always open -- loving support. So very special!!!!!!

I didn't make any fuss last year (so I get to make double fuss this year, right?) because I was so very busy with my father and his illness (Alzheimer's). Hubby and I had even planned a weekend away but spent it in the waiting room of the ER with him which launched a week at a psychiatric facility and then more hospital time and finally his passing the last day of May. Of course I miss him terribly, he was my night and day, my guy!! But I have vowed to really let him go in another month -- in case he needs to be let go of. And as that time approaches, I feel that sadness to be lifting.

So even though I'm walking around today with a new scar (this one on my face, 6 stitches, squamous cell carcinoma. She had to go after it twice, but the lab says she got it the second time! Now I just have to check in every 6 months to be sure there aren't any new ones sneaking in) I am feeling blessed and happy. I will admit, this is getting somewhat tiresome, though. "They" got my cleavage, my right boob and now my face. I think they better not go after my a** or my good looks might really feel threatened!!

But hey, what's another scar!

On a more serious note, we are 5 in my family. Our daughter and middle son just this month lost an instructor with whom they were very, very close (2 different colleges, mind you) to sudden death. One was heart related, the other awaits an autopsy. Last night my husband lost a long-time, close, business friend to a virulent and nasty cancer. That same son was just 2 months on a jury (as an alternate) for a pretty grisly murder case. So much loss for us, around us all of a sudden. I just want to take this moment to reflect on how much the family and close friends have to go through when we go through our surgeries. Life is so precious and when we are in la-la land getting wheeled into the OR, our loved ones are huddled in anticipation. So I just wanted to publicly acknowledge the incredible strength and support of my family, and all the families as we live through this life-sustaining event in our lives.

So this year it's CHEERS to my family for helping me through all the stuff life has thrown at me!

And a special hug and cheer for Tonia, my surgery-sister, whose big day is tomorrow (or almost today as being half way around the world would make it almost be here already!!)

And thanks, everyone here.... for letting me fuss a little extra this time!!

:D:D:D Marguerite

Hey Marguerite -- congratulations on your third re-birthday! And on not just enduring but prevailing. It is a great day to be alive. And it is wonderful to have you here, for all the inspiration and encouragement you provide.

Congrats on your 3rd Valversary! Go have some cake & ice cream.

I am so sorry to hear all the other news though. Hang in there. Good luck to you & God Bless.

Happy 3rd!!! I'll be catching up with you in June. Glad to hear you feel great. :) Now go out and celebrate with your hubby and enjoy your day! Thanks for all you share on the forum.

Congratulations on # 3, Marguerite!
My, how time flies when you're having fun!:):)

Congrats on your third valversary. Wishing you so very many more.

You are very strong and very wonderful to all those who come this way. I am sorry for all the challenges of recent time and hope things get brighter moving forward.

Happy 3rd valversary to you Marguerite! I wish you many, many more years of good health. I hope you are celebrating! I so appreciate your thoughtful posts and contributions to this great website.

Happy Third! Now forget the cake and ice cream, go have some Sea Bass and Lobster.

Hmmmm. We're just heading out to dinner early so we can get home in time to watch the Portland Trail Blazers DEFEAT Houston.

Um, here in the northwest it would be wild salmon or dungeness crab, Ross. I made crab cakes last night (so yummmmmyyy) and thought of a place to go today (our first warm day.. 70 and sunny!!) where we could sit outside, I could get some salmon on a salad and have a HUGE piece of cake (with our without your permission!! :p:p). This place is actually a world class bakery disguised as a restaurant. We've been going here for almost 30 years and they've really expanded!! They've gone nuts, actually, it seems and now even have online ordering! "Say it with dessert" Anyway...... if anyone wants to drool a little..... go to

www.papahaydn.com

Thanks so much for all the lovely comments and wishes!!! Love you guys!!

Marguerite

Happy 3rd Valversary my dear Valve Sister......you sound good, happy and contented and at ease with the trials and tribulations of life...
Love & Hugs
ton

Happy 3rd valversary,hope your day was filled with sunshine
and happiness for your celebration,congratulations...GOD BLESS

zipper2 (DEB)

Well, I certainly can't post this on the throwdown thread, or they'd throw me out!! :eek::p:p

Here's what I had for dessert last night after a simple cup of potato-leek soup and a Salmon Ceasar Salad. It's the Autumn Meringue, first on this list... http://www.papahaydn.com/dessert.php I usually take home what I cannot finish, but last night, I just left it. Of course, I didn't leave much!

My husband is so cute. He was on the phone a lot last night because of the passing of his friend. I hear him telling people he hasn't talked to in years that he just got back from taking me to celebrate my 3rd Valversary. It's pretty embarassing for me to hear him say that, (because Valversary is not a word!!!!) but many don't know, perhaps, about my surgery. For him, it was also so very important and a huge event in his life, and he's talking to people who care very much for this group who worked together for a decade, so it's lovely that he kind of includes me in his catching up. Still, I think I'm going to have to ask him not to use that word... people will think he's gone daft!! :p

A beautiful Oregon day to start my 4th year!!! I'm off to enjoy it.

Thanks again, everyone!

Marguerite

Congratulations Marguerite on your milestone! How wonderful! Sending love & hugs your way to you and your family!

Back