2nd Surgery coming Up

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My OnX is also 21, and i was 200 pounds at surgery time, now around 190 pounds, so far so good, but i have not seen a cardiologist since the "Virus" arrived....
You need to be seen on a regular basis to keep up with your condition. Not good to ignore heart health. You need to go every 6 months to a years. Please see about going to a cardio soon for at least a checkup.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your response Carolinemc

The nurses started shaving my legs and had completed both my legs when the surgeon came and told me that the surgery would need to be cancelled. There is a women who would drop dead if he didn’t operate on her. But I was pleased that I got to meet my surgeon again and discuss the plan of action . Confirm the valve choice etc. And I just laughed and went back to work for a week and finally had my surgery on the 22nd April . There is nothing I could do so just didn’t bother myself. Take it easy.
Great to hear about your surgery being finally done and seems to be just taking it easy indeed. How did it go for you?

Great to hear about your surgery being finally done and seems to be just taking it easy indeed. How did it go for you?
This time around it was a completely different experience. One episode I clearly remember and would love to warn others , who are sensitive to magnesium that please remind the nurses to give magnesium in small doses. I was give in one short the allocated quantity this increased my heart rate and gave me hot flushes. I felt I was going to die
Secondly I found coughing couple of days post surgery a bit challenging this time
And finally I hated the chair they made me sit on
Oh! one more thing there was a lot water in my stomach which was putting pressure on my heart. Then the registrar had to put a small pipe in my stomach through my nose and drain the water. I think this really helped me a lot.
I would request the heart warriors to get on their legs ASAP and avoid being on the bed . Get that blood running.

This time around it was a completely different experience. One episode I clearly remember and would love to warn others , who are sensitive to magnesium that please remind the nurses to give magnesium in small doses. I was give in one short the allocated quantity this increased my heart rate and gave me hot flushes. I felt I was going to die
Secondly I found coughing couple of days post surgery a bit challenging this time
And finally I hated the chair they made me sit on
Oh! one more thing there was a lot water in my stomach which was putting pressure on my heart. Then the registrar had to put a small pipe in my stomach through my nose and drain the water. I think this really helped me a lot.
I would request the heart warriors to get on their legs ASAP and avoid being on the bed . Get that blood running.
Wow, that was tough. It's great that you prevailed over those challenges. How long was your recovery? If you don't mind me asking.

I go back to work on 27.6. That would make it just abit over 8 weeks I think. But things really got better after week 6

Latest posts

Back