2nd heart surgery -possible

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinalovescats

Hey guys!Its been awhile since I've been on here.

let me refresh -
i had Mitral Valve Replacement and Tricuspid Repair on May 3,2016 and have mechanical valve.

i get ECHO every few months.

i had one last week and they discovered my aortic valve is starting to leak more.I know my surgeon said I wil have a minor surgery within 5 years.

has this happened to anyone else?

Yes, Me! I was thinking of posting a similar topic.

I had surgery in 2008 and my mitral and aortic valves were replaced with St. Jude mechanical valves. Since then I had trivial leak in my tricuspid, which I was told not to worry abt. But, my last echo in April revealed a MILD leak, and I have no clue to what could have caused it...Very disappointing and shocking news!

Did you any infection, or do you you or your doctor know what caused this??!

We’ll have to wait and see and pray *to accept what we cannot change*!

keep us posted. Good luck.

sorry to hear that, hearing more and more of mech valves failing, shows unfort theres no quarantees in valve surgery, I hope you get sorted and it lasts awhile longer, good luck,

Eva-

my Mitral Valve and Tricuspid valves are doing wonderful.They left my aortic valve alone during surgery so my heart won't get traumatized any further.They said within 5 years,I will need to get it fixed.Its 2 years now and it will be getting fixed.

has anyone had a second surgery before?
they are thinking of going through the side this time.I find out in September when surgery will be.

Trinalovescats;n884079 said:
has anyone had a second surgery before?
they are thinking of going through the side this time.I find out in September when surgery will be.

quite a few of us ... I've had 3, I know of a poster here with 5.

I didn't blink on my 3rd, I was actually more worried about how my wife would cope (she'd never been through the wringer before ...). Its no cake walk, and not necessarily any worse than the second. You've got experience now so you know what to expect and how to properly care for yourself and cope.

Noone wants this, but if it has to be then it has to be.

Best Wishes

Trinalovescats it looks like you are not in such a minority as one might think (positive), anytime we have to go back for it is not easy (negative), but like above will say you have to do what you have to do. Stay strong, we are pulling for you!

I’ve had two as well. Only one valve though. Second was for an aneurysm. Biggest difference for me between the first and second is that I was more than twice as old. Seems to me, recovery was a bit tougher in my 30’s than in my teens.

Trinalovescats
hi sorry about your resent news.
Yes me Aortic mechanical replacement & mitral valve repair Jan 5 /16 within 3 mths valve was in sever regurgitation ... So upsetting as it was initially to be replaced however after surgery was diagnosed with angiodysplasia a bleeding disorder random and sporadic throughout the GI system mostly small bowel had about 90 transfusions and two and a half years and yesterday I saw a new cardiologist for second opinion that suggested we go back in take out mechanical Andrew replace with three new tissue valves mitral aortic and tricuspid ask me how happy I am. I have not decided a hundred percent they were going to put a team together discuss came up with the plan and get back to me as soon as possible as they would like to proceed with this immediately purpose to get me off of warfarin to stop the bleeding

Latest posts

Back