28 Years and counting........

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

geebee

Well, it's official. October 31st is the anniversary of my first OHS which took place in 1980. 28 years ago, at the age of 28, I had my mitral valve replaced with a Bjork-Shiley CC valve (yeah - the one that was recalled). I have now been on coumadin for half my life. Since then I have had 2 more OHS (including a shiny new St. Jude replacing the original BS valve), 2 other major surgeries and a few somewhat minor procedures.

I am posting to let people know that there is a lot of life after OHS and no reason to change a lifestyle due to coumadin or being a valve patient. I have had a more active life than many people I know who are considered perfectly healthy. I have lived in Ohio, New Jersey and California. I travel extensively, scuba dive, raced sailboats, rode motorcycles both on road and off, hike, swim etc., etc., etc.

There have been a few medical challenges but, like everything else, you do what is necessary to carry on.

Life is very good and I am so very grateful that I live in a world where miracles like valve replacement surgery are possible. Thank you all for letting me be a part of VR.com.

Congratulations Gina,
People like yourself are an inspiration to all.
Rich

Gina, Congratulations indeed! What a heartening post! (All puns intended) I love hearing this from you. What a terrific message! With love, from your valve bro, Brian

Congratulations Gina on your 28th anniversary and I wish you many, many more anniversaries such as this!

Keep living life to the fullest and enjoying every minute of it!

Salud!!!
:)

Congratulations Gina, thank you for sharing all of your successes.

Congratulations Gina!!!

Congratulations Gina!!!

Here's to another 28 years of non stop ticking.......and another....and another....and another.......all full of health, love and happiness!!! ((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))
Harrybaby:D:D:D

Have you ever noticed how the right words

of inspiration can suddenly hit in a positive way.

CONGRATULATIONS GINA and Thank-you:)

Hope you celebrate your valveversary Birthday well.

zipper2 (DEB)

Congratulations, Gina and thank you for being such an inspiration to all the members here.

Latest posts

Back