25 years with this valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mom2angel

Premium Level User
Supporting Member
Today marks 25 years since my current St. Judes mechanical mitral valve was put in. It replaced my 11 1/2 year old Bjork Shiley valve, because I outgrew it. I was 2 years old when the Bjork Shiley was put in and 13 years old when I received this current valve. 25 years and going strong! I thought I was going to have to replace this valve last year, but I was diagnosed with Constrictive Pericarditis instead and had a Pericardiectomy. I am doing much, much better than I was last year, but I am still retaining fluid and more tired than normal. They think I may have diastolic dysfunction, but we do not have any clear answers at this point. I should probably start exercising regularly and see what improvements I can see.

Congratulations on the 25 years that's great

I hope your current issues get under control soon, have you been given any reason Why its happening ?

i presume that the valve is working fine ?

Best wishes

Congratulations. Way to go gal!!!! If I did the math right, you should start exercising now before the arthritis and obesity rear their ugly heads :)

WOW, 25 years! Sounds like you have a great one. Many more ahead and congratulations!

Latest posts

Back