25 Years today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dick0236;n867745 said:
Congrats Protimenow on 25 years. August must be a good month to have this surgery LOL.
Yes, August is a good month for this kind of surgery. For that matter, so are the other eleven.

I guess that a lot of this - just like having a lot of birthdays or long wedding anniversaries - has a lot to do with just staying alive and not letting the other stuff kill you.

I waited 18 years between my diagnosis of an aortic murmur and getting the surgery. I didn't see much reason to put it off another five or six.

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations.

You know, since ours are only about a month apart, I'll bet the serial nos. are pretty close. Can you still find yours? Mine is 310676, model 31A-101. The 31 refers to the size in millimeters.

Sumo -- serial # 357888, model 29A-101.

I saw my cardiologist yesterday (a routine six month revisit) and he said that it sounds good. I'm expecting us both to keep that sucker running for another 50 years

Hi Protimenow , in your healing period did you experience some edema on the hands and feet, did u also have pleural effusion from the start. Are you not Afib as well? Sorry to asked all those coz thats are my problem right now. Can you please give the feedback i feel so sorry, but anyway Big Congratulations

Cynthia_58;n868984 said:
Hi Protimenow , in your healing period did you experience some edema on the hands and feet, did u also have pleural effusion from the start. Are you not Afib as well? Sorry to asked all those coz thats are my problem right now. Can you please give the feedback i feel so sorry, but anyway Big Congratulations
Cynthia:
It's been 25 years. I don't recall edema on hands and feet - but probably had it BEFORE the surgery, just because my valve was failing. I don't think that edema was anything remarkable at the time.
I don't recall pleural effusions. I don't have Afib, and ddn't have it before surgery (although I occasionally get PATs).

I'm sorry that recovery isn't going as smoothly for you as it does for many of us. I'm hoping that all the not-so-good stuff reverses for you, and that your valve will be clicking along for many healthy years.

Latest posts

Back