~24 Hours - wish it were over

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

robertr

All,

This will be my last post Pre-Surgery. Thank You so much to all of you that have posted in response to my inquiries. This has been an extremely valuable resource for me in the days leading up to surgery and I want to Thank the contributors and also the site Admin.'s. This is not only a wonderful resource, but it is a wonderful ministry to those in waiting for OHS. The ability to communicate with others in my shoes has been very comforting and to learn 1st hand how quickly others recover and how many are cycling thru this site with successful results has also been encouraging. Thanks Again to All! And I hope to be posting on the other side in less time than mntbiker - that is my goal! I can't let him beat me even though his post time was very impressive... ; )

Will be thinking of you tomorrow, Robert. You've set an impressive goal for yourself!:D Best wishes and prayers coming your way for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery. Please try to have someone post for you.

Robert - sounds like you are all set. I hope you'll find your experiences similar to mine, especially where all the anxiety was gone the day I walked through the hospital doors. I mean - what's to worry about? I had prepared very well, especially with my choice of surgical team and hospital. So, I was surprisingly at ease. Woke up 24 hours later and actually spent the whole day kidding around with my family - they couldn't believe how good a mood I was in. Realizing you are still vertical will do that to you! :D

So - go get em! And we'll be waiting to hear the good news.
John

Good Luck Robert! We will certainly be thinking of you tomorrow. Adam will be two days behind you so hopefully we'll get to see an update from you right before. I echo your sentiments that it is very encouraging to see how fast others seem to be up and out. I hope the same for you!

Robert,

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. We hope you have a very uneventful surgery and quick recovery.

Karl

Robert,
Good luck! You are in good hands with Dr. Ryan. Try not to get too stressed about tomorrow. Will look for your post when you get to the otherside of the mountain.
Doug:cool:

Wishing you the best and a smooth trip over the mountain. Looking forward to your first post-surgery thread.
Godspeed.

I hope every thing goes smoothly for you and you get your wish of beating mtbiker to the post! You're just about there! Take a few deep cleansing breaths and enjoy your day!!!
Debbi

Best of luck, Robert. Here's to a boring and uneventful recovery. This time next week you'll likely be right back home and well on your way to health. Prayers & good thoughts winging your way.

Best of Luck Robert

Best of Luck Robert

Good luck and will check in on you here. I am going June 20 and can't wait for it to be 24 hrs away. Take it easy and we will be better than ever afterwards;)

Lisa Mitral valve repair/replace June 20

Best of luck!!!!

Best of luck!!!!

Waiting for you on this side of the mountain. You will be just fine. I was so scared too but here I am 6 months later vacationing 2000 miles away from home.

All the very best for a quick and boring surgery and recovery...

You sound in good spirits...its amazing how calm we can be in the last day or so before our OPs.

Hope you get a good nights' sleep...

see you on the other side

Robert. Sorry to get in while you are sleeping, but I just wanted to wish you well. You will do fine!! We are all here cheering for you!

Whether or not you beat Mtnbiker, I know you'll be back in touch soon!!

Best wishes for a boring and easy ride!

Marguerite

Back