22 Years!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavesMom

Hi everyone,

Just celebrated my 22st mechanical valversary on February 1st. : ) I still remember it as if it were yesterday. I count my lucky stars every day for the little thing that keeps me ticking.

Doc gave me a scare this year, though. Apparently the pressure gradient has been steadily increasing and reached 46. Does anyone know if that's a high number? I also have an enlarged left atrium and a 4.4cm aortic aneurysm.

Out of concern, she decided to do a TEE and stress echo. I was really sweating another replacement, but luckily it's not needed yet. I know doc won't recommend surgery until absolutely necessary as it will be my third OHS and very risky due to scar tissue.

But for right now I'm doing well after 22 years. So I'm wishing you "newbies" the same luck I've had.

Best to everyone. Take care and stay safe.

Congrats on 22! After 19 with my original, I needed an aneurysm repair. That was over 11 years ago. A speed bump, no doubt, but if it happens- roll with it and keep on ticking!

Hi , I'm the one who passed 22nd of my mechanical aortic valve as well , I'm 51 now and doing well, hope everyone have healthy heart.

Hi Pingool and welcome to this forum. We seem to be getting quite a few new valve replacement members with decades of experience with various mechanical valves. Your years of experience will help the newbies as they wrestle with their own decision of valve choice out of the many choices available to them.

Back