22 Year AVR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flex131

Hello, Today makes 22 years :) still ticking strong. I am 44, very active playing beach and indoor volleyball. I love reading anniversary especially the 25 plus. Its proof mechanical valves last if taken care of. I always make sure to post every year so other can see everything will be alright. Dick still here chasing you LOL.

Congrats and its great to hear that you are doing well.When you say,
flex131;n881562 said:
Its proof mechanical valves last if taken care of.
are you referring to keeping you INR in range? Are there other things you do to take care of the valve? I'm currently shopping my options and mechanical seems like the way to go for durability, curious to know if have you had any other issues? Stroke and Bleeding sound scary even though the odds are low.

WillieR;n881572 said:
Congrats and its great to hear that you are doing well.When you say, are you referring to keeping you INR in range? Are there other things you do to take care of the valve? I'm currently shopping my options and mechanical seems like the way to go for durability, curious to know if have you had any other issues? Stroke and Bleeding sound scary even though the odds are low.

Hello Willie, yes keeping INR in the range is very important to keep the mech valve clean. Also having good cholesterol not to clog it. I've had some issues, all my fault.

Read my post #3 here - http://www.valvereplacement.org/foru...16-years-later

Hopefully that helps.

dick0236;n881566 said:
Flex, I'm rooting for you all the way.........but I ain't gonna make it easy:coolhank:. I agree that mechanical valves are hard to beat for the long haul.

:) thanks.

Congrats on the double deuce! Lifetime guarantee*, so you should be good for a long time to come.

* - Lifetime guarantee disclaimer. In the case of catastrophic failure, the guarantee is up.

Gallows humor. Sorry.

Hey, Flex! Glad to hear that you're just going along, ticking, ticking, ticking. . .

When long-timers like you come around to share your anniversaries and experiences, it really helps the newer folks to understand that not only is there life after valve replacement, but that life can be as good - or better than that which came before.

Thanks for coming back. BTW, you DID follow the lubrication instructions that came with the valve, didn't you?

epstns;n881603 said:
Hey, Flex! Glad to hear that you're just going along, ticking, ticking, ticking. . .

When long-timers like you come around to share your anniversaries and experiences, it really helps the newer folks to understand that not only is there life after valve replacement, but that life can be as good - or better than that which came before.

Thanks for coming back. BTW, you DID follow the lubrication instructions that came with the valve, didn't you?

LOL, that's a good one.

Latest posts

Back