2 Years today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plumber1

2007 Halloween will always be memorable as I woke up in ICU after my AVR surgery and my costume was one I would not wish on anyone I know. I brought a mask to wear but the nurses took it away thinking it wasn't sterile enough.

Two years has gone by very quickly. Living with a mechanical valve and taking coumadin has turned out to limit almost no personal activities and has been easy to adjust to. I still drink several glasses of wine a day have traveled in Mexico and recently to Greece without event.

Looking back at the time leading up to my AVR AND since the operation, I can't thank Hank, Ross and EVERYONE who regularly logs on to VR for the great emotional and practical support!

Thanks so much!

MK

As someone with a brand new valve, it is good to see you checking in to say that you are living a normal life. I will begin driving and returning to work this week but the AVR is still sort of a background presence throughout the day and my surgery was really straight forward with no complications. I look forward to the day when it is not one of the first things that I think of each morning. Thanks for your note MK.

Thanks everyone for all of your well-wishes and congratulatory notes.

Bill B, from 11 days out, it only gets better. I hope your recovery is fast and easy. I joined cardiac rehab for a year and a half and recommend it highly!

Peace to all and thanks for keeping this site alive and well!

Mark

Mark - It is great to see your post. Congrats on #2 and may many more be in store for you.

Still love your avatar....

Back