2 year anniversary of OHS

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KLS39

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Today marks two years since my OHS for aortic valve replacement and an ascending aorta as well as repair of my innominate artery. I am grateful to have reached this milestone but I am also broken hearted because my dad died unexpectedly yesterday when he and my step-mom were trying to get home from Mexico. I had just visited him there and saw that he was struggling, weaker than when I saw him at Christmas. He went into the hospital with pneumonia the day I left. He seemed better and rented a portable oxygen machine to come home but he didn't make it. He lost consciousness before he boarded the plane. I don't really feel like celebrating this day this year.
Thanks for listening.

Condolences on the loss of your father. Wishing you the best for the days ahead.

And it's good to hear of your two year celebration since OHS. Excellent news. Continuing good health to you.

Hi

sorry for your loss, but happy for your anniversary. I lost my father (expected) and my wife (unexpected) before I reached my first year anniversary, so I just wish to say that life goes on for you and its your health that's most important. No matter how difficult grief is you need to return your attention to you as much as you can. Of course your time now is very acute and proximal. Take it one step at a time.

Best Wishes

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear the news of your loss. It takes time to grieve but remember to share stories of all the good memories. It will be his legacy but it's up to you to maintain. Congratulations on your two-year anniversary.

Sorry about your dad. Puts a cloud over Spring. I like this eulogy from Robert Burns:

An honest man here lies at rest,
As e’er God with His image blest:
The friend of man, the friend of truth;
The friend of age, and guide of youth:
Few hearts like his, with virtue warm’d,
Few heads with knowledge so inform’d:
If there’s another world, he lives in bliss;
If there is none, he made the best of this.

Thank you all for your kind words. My dad was a wonderful man who touched so many lives during his 81 years. He will be missed but I am holding on to all the memories. Had a great check up with the cardiologist today. I have to lower my cholesterol a little bit but I know I can do that over the next few months. Feeling determined. :)

Latest posts

Back