2 weeks post op

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Congratulations to you on feeling so amazing! ! That's wonderful news and glad to know that some people really feel such immediate results.
Awesome! !

Congratulation ! As I remember you said you were scared to have a stroke during surgery ( cause I think you had one before), at least this is behind you and you made it ! Good luck on your recovery. It must be nice to feel a difference right away ! I was asymptomatic, so I did not feel anything get better after surgery.

Congratulations! So glad you are feeling tons better. I still get winded but I think my weight has a little to do with that ;) because all my tests show everything is hunky dory.

[email protected];n864991 said:
What is the recovery time for aortic valve replacement with on x mechanical valve via mini thoracotomy? How soon back to work? I'm having mine done 13 June.

I was originally scheduled for that surgery. I had been told at that time that recovery would be quick, like 4 weeks. Although having gone through the Ministernotomy I can imagine the pain would be far less, the result of the hearts repair I would think would be the same as what I endured and that took a few months to fully recover from feeling tired and exhausted. Ask your surgeon what your expectations should be. You'll do great but be patient no matter what the recovery time is. Your ultimate goal should be a positive result more so than a quick recovery. I think the best aspect of the Minitororacotomy will be minimal to no pain, but it's still heart surgery.

[email protected];n865064 said:
How is the Coumadin management? Can you do everything you did prior to your valve?

Can't spek for them, but pretty much everyone else here on warfarin can ... If you are not in the USA (and thus able to self manage more simply) then its even better. I've been on warfarin for only 4 years now (we have members here who have been nearly 40 years) and can say that as soon as I stopped listing to the stupid nonsense the labs and many Dr's (not my surgeon btw) spewed out of their uninformed mouths everything went better.

We have competitive
  • runners,
  • weight lifters
  • triathaletes
  • cyclists
and there is even a woman who takes warfarin (or as you know it by brand name: Coumadin) who has climbed Mt Everest.

A post from my blog to help you
http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2014/09...ng-my-inr.html

Latest posts

Back