2 more weeks

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kevin M

My surgery date got bumped to July 3rd due to "too many in-patients", whatever that means.

I was all stoked too. Oh well, there's nothing I can do about it, so I think I'll just enjoy the sunny day and go for a walk.

Kev

The wait is the hardest.

The wait is the hardest.

Ya Kevin the wait seems like the worst part when I look back. Try to enjoy your two weeks. Thinks for the info on why you went with the valve you did. I found it very interesting. Good Luck

L I B! Ain't that a kick in the head! So sorry, Kevin. It's hard enough just getting prepared the first time but to do it a second time is just a total bummer. Sorry to hear that, but hang in and it'll happen. God bless

Going Crazy

Going Crazy

I thank you for your support. I had a year and a half to plan mine. Just got it in time they said that it was more calcified than they had seen with the cath. . I cannot imagine waiting for the second one but i do believe I will be in those shoes once again. Hopfully not for at least 10 years or so. While I was in the hosp. I ran into a man I worked for, he had a bypass with breast bone opened when I met him, and they took veins from his leg. He was back in for the second one 12 years later same thing only they got veins from his other leg, he is now 71 years old and boy did I look like a baby compaired to him. Hang in their and let us give you the support this time. Please tell me how you decided to go with your choice of valves. I'm already trying to decide what I would have next time. I wish I could do the other now and last 20 25 years. Guess It don't work that way. Take Care Jeff H.

Waiting is the worst.. for sure.

Waiting is the worst.. for sure.

You have a wonderful attitude, Kevin. The waiting really is the worst. I can't imagine anything worse than having your surgery bumped... it happened to me too. They had me totally ready to take down to the 'pre-surgery area' then the nurse came in and told me my sureon had just got an 'emergency surgery' and couldn't do me until that afternoon or the next day. I could have cried... really. Does major things to your emotions.

A good attitude is VERY important. Sounds like you have that part under control! Best wishes to you, Kev

Hey Kevin... what a bummer.... happened to me too only mine was delayed FIVE TIMES!!!! Like Rain, I was in pre-op and had six docs arguing over me the last time! They finally did the surgery two weeks later (I was in the hospital having tests during this time).

Keep up the good attitude... :>).... it helps!!!!

Take care,
Zazzy

Thanks All, especially Zazzy

Thanks All, especially Zazzy

Zazzy, when I start feeling like a whiner, I think of your situation with the 5 postponments. That smartens me up!
Kev

Back