1st surgery 28 years ago

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfay

28 years ago yesterday, I had my first OHS at 17. It was an ablation for WPW done at Duke. I was part of the original guinea pig group that they practiced doing ablations on, so any of you that have ablations done now through a cath, know that I had to have my chest cracked open all those years ago. It wasn't until this year that I got the surgical notes from that surgery. I went into V-fib three times during that surgery and luckily, they were able to massage my heart back into a normal rhythm each time. That Christmas was a blur...was spent in ICU. Silly me, like a lot of congenital heart patients,I thought that was the end of my surgical career. Oh well, I'm glad I was still around to have my second one this year.

Kim

CONGRATULATIONS KIM ON YOUR VALVERSARY

So nice to hear from another hero who has been there.

Wishing you lots and lots more of healthy inspirations to

send our way.........Way to go:):)

zipper2 (DEB)

Kim ~ Happy 28th Valversary!!! I hope you have many, many more healthy, happy years!

Wishing you and your family a Holiday season filled with Love, Peace, Joy and Laughter!

Dawn-Marie

Congratulations, Kim- we are all fortunate to have you here to share it with us! Best wishes for many, many more!

Congratulations on your 28th anniversary Kim!! I wish you so many more anniversaries to come & I hope & pray that you get good results with your upcoming visit w/the doctor on Monday!

Merry Christmas my friend! :)

Kim,
Thanks for being one of the early pioneers in heart procedures. I'm sorry that you have to go through another OHS, but I hope that it will be easier this time around.

KIM!

CONGRATULATIONS on your 28th ANNIVERSARY! :)

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...MidW Blast = 01/17/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"May your days be merry and bright" ... Irving Berlin/Bing Crosby ... 'White Christmas'

Latest posts

Back