1st "Re-birthday"

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerrychuck

Tonight marks the first anniversary of my mitral valve replacement. It could just as easily be the first anniversary of my death, but I was correctly diagnosed JUST in time for emergency surgery, and here I am. I am profoundly appreciative of all the help and reassurance I have found on this forum, and hope I have given a tiny bit back to others.

Ski Girl: You promised to raise a glass on my anniversary, and I'm holding you to it! Might I suggest Cape Jaffa Shiraz; a wonderful wine from Southeast Australia made by an incredibly nice family (the Hoopers) that my wife and I have had the great pleasure to meet on a couple of occasions. One of the absolute best offerings from Oz, and one of our favourites from anywhere;)

Hey Gerry, Congrats to you and your 1st valversary. May it be one of many.

It does feel like a mile stone doesn't it? ahhh, but what a difference a year makes :thumbup:

Cheers to you my fellow Saskatchewanian. :thumbup::thumbup:

Hey Gerry, Congrats to you and your 1st valversary. May it be one of many.

It does feel like a mile stone doesn't it? ahhh, but what a difference a year makes :thumbup:

Cheers to you my fellow Saskatchewanian. :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks Freddie! I didn't realize you were in SK! Where are you, and who did your surgery?

And yes; a year does indeed make an incredible difference!

Really? You didn't know? Why do think I asked for a plane ride a while back ...lol.
Seriously, I'm in the North end of ToonTown and Dr. Mycyk(sp?) did my surgery at RUH.

Yes we could. I'm about 15minutes away (North East from the airport) could we make a this happen when it's warmer outside?

Last edited:
"And yes; a year does indeed make an incredible difference!"

Woohoo! Happy 1st and may this be the beginning, of many long years of celebrating good health! :)
I am sold on that Shiraz! :)

"And yes; a year does indeed make an incredible difference!"

Woohoo! Happy 1st and may this be the beginning, of many long years of celebrating good health! :)
I am sold on that Shiraz! :)

Seriously, it is a wonderful wine! If you can get it, enjoy some for me; the evil Saskatchewan Liquor Board "delisted" it, so we can't get it here any more:( I have a very small stockpile left, and I'm hoarding it...

Gerry I will most definitely raise a glass on your behalf this evening - I'll have a look for Cape Jaffa shiraz (always happy to try new shirazes!), failing that, I will make do with something rather good from the Margaret River region three hours south of here. :)

Congratulations on your first year and I look forward to having many more excuses to drink (I mean, your anniversaries) in the future!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Gerry I will most definitely raise a glass on your behalf this evening - I'll have a look for Cape Jaffa shiraz (always happy to try new shirazes!), failing that, I will make do with something rather good from the Margaret River region three hours south of here. :)

Congratulations on your first year and I look forward to having many more excuses to drink (I mean, your anniversaries) in the future!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Sounds good to me! Let us know if you find one you really love; maybe we can get it here:) In any case, I am perfectly willing to trade toasts on a yearly basis with you for many years to come!

Congrats to your first year Gerry, and wishing you many more in your future. I can relate to your experience also, as almost one year down the road my health is very good, and that new valve is running top notch.

Doug

Thanks Doug! Great to hear you're doing well. No time at all until your first anniversary too! Can't wait to offer my congratulations in a few weeks.

Latest posts

Back