1st Anniversary Check-up today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turkey Hunter

Hey everybody !!
My wife and I went to Cleveland Clinic today for my check-up.
Doc says all is well, gradient, insufficiencies... no problems.
He was concerned about my distolic (sp?) blood pressure, it has been running a bit high. When I check it at home it runs mid 80's, today it was mid 90's when he checked it.
He and I discussed it and are not sue if it is "building a house" related or if it is something to really be concerned with, so we decided I would check it two to four times a week and keep a log and go back to see him in six weeks or so. He also set me up with the dermatologists there at CCF to look at my Keloid scar. It has been itching like mad constantly and is growing ever so slowly. I guess we can see what they have to say, maybe they can make it look better than it does, or even better make the itching go AWAY.

Anyhow, the news is good.... The heart is normal, the valves are all normal and I am extreamly happy to say " Life is great !!!!!!"

Just thought I would let you know,

Ben

Hi Ben,

Congrats on your teriffic checkup. It must feel great to get such good news on your one year anniversary!

Hope the house project is doing as well. Sometimes they can be quite a challange. Are you coming to Nashville?

Rob

Hey Ben!

Hey Ben!

Great news Ben............One year down and a lot more to go!

The Benster Rules!!

The Benster Rules!!

Congrats on the news ben - that 1 year eval is always a great boost. Still itching eh? You we're itching like crazy in Scottsdale. Oh-well - I remember the psycho at the mining town and think of you often.

Once again - glad to hear you are doing well.

Ben,

Glad to hear your doing well. Like Bob said. One down and a lot more to go. That's how I feel. Life is GREAT! So you still itch after a year? I'm only six months, and I itch like crazy, more so when it's hot and humid out! Yuck!
Congrats again!

Rob & Hank

Rob & Hank

Hank,
I was just thinking of that freak-o-nature from the mine the other day, and again I got a big laugh. The doc thinks the itching may be from the scar continually changing. Those keloids tend to keep growing and/or changing as I understand. Otherwise, how is all going for you, Michelle, and the kids?

Rob,
Cindy & I are still planning on going to Nashville, just not for as long as I thought. I have had some things come up on the schedule for that week here at work. Other than that we will be there as far as I can tell. My reservations have been made for quite some time.

The 'house project' is all in itself a very long story.:confused:

You see the 'contractor' if that is what I can call him with his lack of scheduling subs and such, is my little sister-in-laws' husband.
Don't get me wrong, the young man is doing fantastic work. Just slow and unprofessional.
I guess I am just very dissapointed right now. The house was supposed to be done by last Friday (the day we had to be out of the house we sold) so my family and I are basically homeless as of now. The new place should be done by the end of the month. In the meantime, we are floating from Cindy's dad house while they are on vacation to, well..... I am not sure where next. We may rent an RV and set it out on the property. We are in the country so I should get away with it. But those RV's are $700.00 plus a week.
That is the short version of the 'house project' saga.

As you see, this did not help with my diastolic blood pressure.

Take care ,

Ben

Good going Ben. Wish you many many more great check-ups. All uphill from here!

Yes, I would have to say building a house is very very stressful. Always raised my pressure a few notches! And don't care to go there again. We will buy existing next time which seems to be in the not too distant future. Moving can be stressful enough, but if it means going home.....pack my bags!!!

Hope to catch up with you in Nashville. Have some personal issues right now that may take precedence.

Take care and hit your contractor over the head with a wet noodle if necessary:D

Dear Ben - Congratulations on a great checkup. My scars, both leg and chest, itched for ever so long. You might want to try some vit e oil to see if it helps - won't hurt, anyway; it didn't help me, but skin got nice and soft.

Every time I go to dr, I have a jump in bp (white coat syndrome), but at home it is normal, I keep a continuing list so I can look back.

You've been a pretty special guy in here and so helpful and loyal. Thanks for being here for us. God bless:)

Ben -

Glad to hear all is well after one year. One year seemed to be a turning point for me. I was really feeling like my ole self finally. My immune system was in a weakened state for about a year and with 2 kids under 4 - I had something every other week.

I hope you can find a resolution to your scar issue. I have no advice on that as my scar only gets itchy if it is about to rain.

We are on the beginning phases of house building. We sold our house and are renting a very small place. (Its motivation to finish ASAP). My husband is doing it so he is staying on top of it. He does this for a living so at least one of us knows whats going on.
He has people that have stayed in hotels, RV's, etc. due to their houses not being done on time. It is not uncommon to run over depending on weather. Well hopefully we will get our slab poured tomorrow if it doesn't rain. Good Luck. At least you only have a few more weeks...

Tammy

Hi Ben,

Congrats on your one year and the good news that all is well with you. Isn't that a good feeling when they tell you that all is well?
I can identify with the keloid scar. I have one as well and it is a royal pain! Mine doesn't itch but it pulls and still hurts, but I must say not as much as in March when I saw you at the reunion in Scottsdale. I hope that with time it will go away permanently.
Good luck with the house. I feel your pain!!! LOL!!

Say Hi to Cindy for me and take care,

Christina

Hi Ben - Congrats on the one year checkup. I remember Dr Grimm's friendly nature, if that's who you saw. About the blood pressure, I would have never guessed based on who I knew in Scottsdale. Anyway, relax, houses are never built on time and there are always defects. Just think, you can drive your rented house down to Nashville and take the whole group on outings.

Ben
Great news on your one year check up!!! Heres to many more.
Tell me if you want me to come over there and beat up that contractor. Im 5 foot tall and 110 lbs. I can really kick his fanny!

Joey's RP

Joey's RP

May the Lord be with his surgical team throughout the entire procedure. And May the Lord be with you and your husband into a through a complete a full recovery.

Godd Bless & Will be praying for you,

Ben;)

Congratulations Ben, I still remember joining vr.com and you were about to go in. Doesn't time just fly.

My scar is similar (although not itching) and I have been advised to try some Lanoline to soften the scar tissue.

All the best and I look forward to the first vr.com reunion here in Australia.

By the way, who won this year's US Open Tennis?

Best wishes

Gerry

Sorry Gerry, I am no big tennis fan.
I don't pay attention.
Although, I am from the great Buckeye State. That makes me born to be a big College Football fan. Go Bucks !!!

Ben;)

I'm sorry to hear that Ben.

Did you know that tennis is the only game in which love means nothing?

Gerry

Latest posts

Back