16 years with my bovine valve

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

Chuck C

I just remembered that today is the 16th anniversary of my aortic valve replacement. I rarely think of it. My bovine valve is still working well, and getting 20 years out of it seems like a real possibility.
Congratulations! Wishing you many more years with your current valve!

johnnycake23

Two-time AVR Vet
VR.org Supporter
A sweet 16 indeed. Duffey with a toughy valve. Congratulations. As someone with a bovine (13.5 years and counting) in his 50's, it is stories like these that interest me greatly. If there's a secret to your longevity, please share. Happy anniversary.

ottagal

VR.org Supporter
VR.org Supporter
That's fantastic news, Duffey! Perhaps you'll break the 20 year mark! So happy for you. 🤗

john b

Well Done, my Edwards Bovine is 12years this June and 20 is a great target. Having an annual checkup to remind me about it and taking the normal meds for a 74 year old.
Johnb

Duffey

Me and Granbon
VR.org Supporter
A sweet 16 indeed. Duffey with a toughy valve. Congratulations. As someone with a bovine (13.5 years and counting) in his 50's, it is stories like these that interest me greatly. If there's a secret to your longevity, please share. Happy anniversary.
I had a top notch cardio thoracic surgeon, Dr. Nicholas Kouchoukos. He told me I’d get 11 years out of the valve, and in 2005, 11 years sounded pretty good. I guess the surgeon and the valve itself were over-achievers.😉