12 Years Today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnycake23

Two-time AVR Vet
Fellow Valvers,

Today marks 12 years since I had my second OHS for my bovine aortic valve replacement. Big thanks to the team at Northwestern Memorial Hospital who got me this far.

As of last check up the valve was holding up just fine. I go in next month for my annual echo hoping there's no news. Further hoping I post here with similar news for many years to come.

Just thought I'd share. Thanks for your support over the years.

Johnny - Sorry I haven't yet responded to your email. I was out of town - picked the week of this year's first snowfall to go to Florida. Watch the email. I will send.

On topic, though, I remember when you had your surgery. Scary times, no?

May you have so many returns of this happy day that you tire of counting them!

Meet for coffee some time?

Johnny - Sorry I haven't yet responded to your email. I was out of town - picked the week of this year's first snowfall to go to Florida. Watch the email. I will send.

On topic, though, I remember when you had your surgery. Scary times, no?

May you have so many returns of this happy day that you tire of counting them!

Meet for coffee some time?
Hey Steve,

Thanks for the well wishes. Going to FLA makes perfect sense. Coming back now, not so much. Just couldn’t resist the misery that awaits us from Old Man Winter?

Yeah, getting together sounds great. You’re in the city, right? I’m contracting in the city these days. Lunch or happy hour work better? Let me know what suits your schedule.

Talk to you soon and thanks again for the kind words.

John

Fellow Valvers,

Today marks 12 years since I had my second OHS for my bovine aortic valve replacement. Big thanks to the team at Northwestern Memorial Hospital who got me this far.

As of last check up the valve was holding up just fine. I go in next month for my annual echo hoping there's no news. Further hoping I post here with similar news for many years to come.

Just thought I'd share. Thanks for your support over the years.
wishes prayers for more years

Congrats. A message to your valve: a big moo - keep on going for a LONG time.

I'm glad to see that you've given winter and God (or whoever) the same gender - Old Man Winter and The Big Guy - maybe one day, we'll be switching genders 'Old Woman Winter' 'The Big Gal,' and then, perhaps go all out politically correct 'The Old Transsexual' or 'Old Trannie Winter' or something similar.

For now, a rather generic 'Old Man' or 'Old Guy' still seems to work.

Latest posts

Back