11 Years AVR Anniversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnycake23

Two-time AVR Vet
Hey all, just thought I'd share with my brothers and sisters in the AVR Club that today marks my 11th anniversary of my bovine aortic valve from Northwestern Memorial Hospital (and 25 years since my first AV repair at the Cleveland Clinic). Thanksgiving week has never been the same for me. I am now one year through the 10-15 year window that these valves are supposed to last. But the last checkup showed the valve "sounding great." And cardio also said, "Who knows, it could go to 20 years or more. We just don't know." Not knowing is what sucks. But I'm doing what I'm told and hoping for the best, especially for advancements in TAVR technology, a topic for which there is scarce literature. But as Bonnie Franklin told us years ago, One Day at a Time (there, I just dated myself!).

Thank you for reading, and for taking the time to support each other. All of God's blessings to everyone.

Johnny

Happy 11! Glad to hear things are still sounding great, but can certainly appreciate the anxiety that future uncertainty brings. Wishing you many more uneventful anniversaries!

Thanks, Mr. Kent. I certainly don't look forward to going back under the knife, but I know it's gonna happen. Until then, I try to appreciate the things in life that matter. Thank you for taking the time to write.

Back