11 Years and 11 Days After OHS

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PairoDocs

rural area outside Buhl, Idaho, United States
The 11th valversary came and went before I knew it, but I finally remembered 11 days later. I haven’t checked in lately, and thought about everyone here who had been kind and supportive during the recovery time since my out-of-the-blue emergency mitral valve repair on 12/12/2007. I’m shocked to find that Hank has been recently forced to consider shutting down this site, and I hope and pray that this site and the good people on it can continue. Maybe I will be able to donate some funds when I’m financially capable of doing so.

My own struggles with post surgical depression had occupied much of my time here, and I often took more than I gave. For those of you who’d grown tired of my whining, I apologize. Depression is real, and I know that it has affected nearly all of us here over the years, but I’m not as badly affected by it as before by God’s grace. My divorce is now 4 1/2 years in the past and I’m doing much better emotionally. Laura and I still do stuff together on occasion. I’m also dating someone whose love has made a big difference for the better in my life.

Physically, I have had an unexpected weight gain over the past two years, so I’m trying to deal with that, I am also concerned about my right upper arm bone (humerus) hurting in a strange way despite no known injuries. My heart is doing fine so far by God’s grace. Kids are now 17 and 15.

If I can remember to do so, I will come back more often. I hope and pray this site stays up. I’m not a member of any other post OHS valve surgery site, making VR.org so much more important to me for that reason. The people here with their heart-felt, so to speak, understanding are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Weather Report for Southern Idaho: Overcast with chance of light snow. 50% chance of a white Christmas.

I wish everyone here a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Back