10 Weeks out and gallbladder surgery tomorrow.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hello Everyone,

I'm now a little over 10 weeks out from my Ross procedure. Recovery has been pretty good except for pericarditis, pleurisy and gallbladder problems. I'm having my gallbladder removed tomorrow due to chronic cholecystits. I thought I was having a heart attack or something a few weeks back. But luckily it was just a gallbladder attack. Please keep me in your prayers!

Luke

Luke, I'm just a couple of days behind you having my gallbladder out as well. I also thought I was having a heart attack...not fun. I'm thinking this is going to be easy peasy...

Kim

Kim, Best of luck with you gallbladder! I'm told that it's no where near the open heart surgery. I'll see soon enough and let you know! Bina, I hope to update tomorrow night. Thank you all for the prayers.

Luke

I remember reading just last week that a young woman was taken to surgery for gallbladder removal at 8:30 and was discharged home at 11:30. It wasn't that long ago it was a full belly incision and 5 days in the hospital. Hopefully your surgery will go smoothly and you will be on your way home quickly.

Best wishes.

Goodluck..!!

Goodluck..!!

Hope both of y'all are having the laparoscopic removal which is a walk in the park compared to OHS..:thumbup:

Why do I hear so many, many times that after a person has some sort of surgery the gallbladder goes south??:confused2:

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. The procedure started at 7:30 and was completed by 9:30. I was home before noon. I spent the rest of the day sleeping. My stomach is a little sore but the pain is nothing compared to the open heart surgery. You do have to shift gears a bit. I've been using my abdominal muscles for a lot of moving around since the Ross procedure. With the gallbladder recovery using the abdominal muscles causes the most pain.

Bina, in the preop room, the patient next to me was asking to keep the gallbladder. The doctor said that while it was possible there was a lot of paper work and it would be two weeks before she could take it home because of all the tests they have to do.

Kim good luck with your surgery.

Luke

Well..once again you are in recovery mode. Hope it goes smothly and uneventful. Rest and take care of yourself.....

Ya know...i really think when they have someone for OHS..they should scope around a bit "inside" and take care of other stuff....kinda like an overhaul....you have heard of one stop shopping..why not one stop surgery??...I am just sayin.... ;)

That's good news, Luke. I'm glad you didn't have to hang around the hospital any longer than that; you can pick up some nasty "germs" that are passed around there, better to be home with the ones you are used to! Heal well, Friend.

Back