10 things your hospital won't tell you

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting this informative link. Now, if only I wasn't on dial-up ................
I could read more of them.

Good links!

I remember the last thing before I went out on the operating table was telling them to be sure and change out the right valve!

We use to have a neighbor surgeon that amputated the wrong leg while being intoxicated. He moved to another state.

Hi ponygirlmom..........

Nice to see you back here.

Seeing as your surgery was two years ago (wow..... it is already two years?) and hopefully you are doing fine, we have to hope the July downsides did not have a bad impact on you.

Makes one a little jittery with July coming up fast to think ooops, don't get sick in July.

Great article, scary about the mortality rates in July in August! One thing I want to share, along the lines of the billing issues. If you have any chance at paying your bill in full you usually get a discount. We have gotten between 10 and 20% off for various stays and procedures, and that can be a substantial amount. I found out by chance after delivering one of my sons around tax return time and have done asked at 3 separate hospitals and had them all discount. They don't announce it but if you ask they usually will.

Becca

Back