10 Month Checkup

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAMES W

Premium Level User
Supporting Member
I RETURNED YESTERDAY FROM MY 10 MONTH CARDIO CHECKUP. THE DR WAS VERY PLEASED AS WAS I. SHE REMOVED THE AMIODARON FROM MY MEDS (Thank Gawd)...IT WAS MESSING W/ MY THYROID TERRIBLY...A 20# WEIGHT GAIN WAS NOT ON MY CHRISTMAS LIST...haha :( ....SHE TOLD ME NOT TO RETURN FOR 6 MONTHS, SO THAT IS THE BEST PRESENT I COULD ASK FOR.... THIS IS WISHING ALL MY VR FRIENDS A HEALTHY - HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON.....

It is great to hear that things are going well for you. I hope that at 10 months I can post the same!

I had an apointment with my cardio today(4weeks post op) and he says that I am doing fine. I had hoped to get off of Amioderone but it looks like I will be on it for another six months or so. I really hate to be on it as I hear so many stories from people who have problems related to it. The Doc did say that if I was still having problems after six months that we would try some other meds if it looked as if I would require long term treatment.

Once again Congrats and hope to hear more great reports down the road.

Rick

Great check-up!!! Congrats on getting off of the meds. I had my 4 month one yesterday and everything was good. I was hoping to get off of some Toprol but no cigar there. Have to go back in 3 months. You're right, it's a great Christmas present to know you are in good health and don't have to go back to the doctor for awhile. Holidays take on a whole new meaning after heart surgery. Hope your holidays are great too!

Heather

Back