1 year ago today.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgmorris

It was one year ago today that right about now I was puking my guts out from the effects of the anesthesia until they got me on some nausea meds. Needless to say that was a memorable first recollection after the surgery.

I had my BAV replaced w/o any complications and been doing pretty well for the last year. All the prescription meds were finished a long time ago and I'm only on a single 81mg aspirin and a multivitamin daily. Also, my scar has pretty much disappeared so the only real visible remnants are the drainage tube locations.

I did have one issue putting in the garden several months ago as I got overworked and my HR elevated and I got light headed for a bit until things cooled down. Other than that I have no restrictions and do an hour of cardio anywhere from 4 to 6 times a week. All in all I'm very happy with the results.

The only other issue is that once my cobra coverage was running out I discovered that I was basically non-insurable (same for the wife due to thyroid surgery) until I can get on a group policy w/o a preexisting condition clause or until the insurance companies have to accept preexisting conditions due to Obamacare fully kicking in. Not a fan of the latter.

Congrats to another "Morris"!

Congrats to another "Morris"!

It was one year ago today that right about now I was puking my guts out from the effects of the anesthesia until they got me on some nausea meds. Needless to say that was a memorable first recollection after the surgery.

I had my BAV replaced w/o any complications and been doing pretty well for the last year. All the prescription meds were finished a long time ago and I'm only on a single 81mg aspirin and a multivitamin daily. Also, my scar has pretty much disappeared so the only real visible remnants are the drainage tube locations.

I did have one issue putting in the garden several months ago as I got overworked and my HR elevated and I got light headed for a bit until things cooled down. Other than that I have no restrictions and do an hour of cardio anywhere from 4 to 6 times a week. All in all I'm very happy with the results.

The only other issue is that once my cobra coverage was running out I discovered that I was basically non-insurable (same for the wife due to thyroid surgery) until I can get on a group policy w/o a preexisting condition clause or until the insurance companies have to accept preexisting conditions due to Obamacare fully kicking in. Not a fan of the latter.

My own one year anniversary was Oct. 11! It IS a milestone, and one I don't take lightly. Best wishes for many more!

Latest posts

Back