1 week to go!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I made it to the other side :) I have been doing well.

Successful operation and recovery in hospital. I spent 8 days all up there. I've been at home for the past 4 days in recovery mode (walking, eating, napping etc).

Managed my first INR test today on my machine which was nice too :)

I will post a more detailed update soonish in the post surgery section. Thanks to those members who I've been communicating directly with, it has helped me for sure. And also the nice comments from you folks on this post :)

Interesting to note, my left ventricle has already reduced in size by over a cm from the echo done on day 7 post Op! My old BAV was leaking severely so my LV is now having a rest :D

Cheers!
Congratulations! Sounds like you're on your way to a great recovery.

I am 2 weeks post surgery, so we're close in timing on the recovery track. Yesterday, walked 3.4 miles.

Keep up the good work.

DJ-Rae09

I am very glad that you made it and feel fine, makes me feel relieved too, since AR stories are rather rare here.
I'd appreciate it if you'd tell your NYHA class and what meds you are on, except for warfarin.
Wish you a nice further recovery.

Successful operation and recovery in hospital. I spent 8 days all up there. I've been at home for the past 4 days in recovery mode (walking, eating, napping etc).

Managed my first INR test today on my machine which was nice too :)

I will post a more detailed update soonish in the post surgery section. Thanks to those members who I've been communicating directly with, it has helped me for sure. And also the nice comments from you folks on this post :)

Interesting to note, my left ventricle has already reduced in size by over a cm from the echo done on day 7 post Op! My old BAV was leaking severely so my LV is now having a rest :D

Cheers!
Congratulations and best wishes for a smooth recovery.

Congratulations! Wishing you a smooth recovery.

Wow, Sounds great! Day 12.......still on painkillers, I guess? As I remember my heart was trying to adapt to the pressure requirements of the bigger valve........it kept on drifting down to 32bpm , I had my applewatch on and was watching it all the time. I also had leftover brain fog ;the most memorable was being comfortable in the room I was in but forgetting why I was there !

”…since AR stories are rather rare here. I'd appreciate it if you'd tell your NYHA class and what meds you are on, except for warfarin. Wish you a nice further recovery.”
Here as in this forum or here as in there in Russia? I have not explored this forum enough to know and it surprises me if they are rare here or in Russia.

Congrats DJ-Rae09!

Here as in this forum or here as in there in Russia? I have not explored this forum enough to know and it surprises me if they are rare here or in Russia.

Congrats DJ-Rae09!
In this forum, and I dug it deep. There are some, but AS is much more frequent. Also sometimes people don't tell AS from AR, AR from MR.
What was the reason for your AVR?

Last edited:
Congratulations! Sounds like you're on your way to a great recovery.

I am 2 weeks post surgery, so we're close in timing on the recovery track. Yesterday, walked 3.4 miles.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you! Hope you're recovery is going well too!

I'm now 3 and half weeks post Op. It's been a pretty routine recovery :)

In this forum, and I dug it deep. There are some, but AS is much more frequent. Also sometimes people don't tell AS from AR, AR from MR.
What was the reason for your AVR?
The reason for surgery was severe aortic regurgitation
Left ventricle was dilated at 6.6cm
Aortic root was dilated at 4.9cm and ascending was 4.6
Ejection fraction was borderline normal (50-55%)

They were the reasons for surgery. And since surgery the LV has reduced to 5.4cm from 6.6cm so it's already back within normal range :)

Wow, Sounds great! Day 12.......still on painkillers, I guess? As I remember my heart was trying to adapt to the pressure requirements of the bigger valve........it kept on drifting down to 32bpm , I had my applewatch on and was watching it all the time. I also had leftover brain fog ;the most memorable was being comfortable in the room I was in but forgetting why I was there !

No pain killers now. I still have some discomfort in the chest but it's minimal. The incision is healing up nicely :)

Latest posts

Back