1 Week After Surgery Update - Video

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danb1983

I've just recorded another video as it has been a week today since my surgery. It's not on my blog yet as I'll wait till the "in hospital diaries" catch up, but here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5RdSd25J2k

Hope you all enjoy it, and thanks for all your support.

If you can't watch it for some reason youre not missing that much, its just me waffeling about how recovered I am a week after surgery and how I can walk to the shop and back :)

Wow! Your are doing great. Good for you. Watch those steps though. I was allowed to do steps twice a day for about a month. Best of luck to you.

I might just have to move this post to the Tawdry Shirts forum. :D Nah, I'll let you find a funky 60's shirt, give us a John Travolta Saturday Night Fever pose and show us that scar again.

Good going........ you're doing Great! Wonderful to see how quickly you are recovering. Keep up the good work.

Dan - I enjoyed watching the video too! Your smile is worth millions! Glad you are recovering nicely

Thanks, I wanted the blog / videos to reassure people, however there are a couple of ones going on tomorrow about my worst day in hospital where there was a lot of pain, but thats just a memory now, and a complete contrast to how I feel now!

Still taking plenty of pain meds on a night, and first thing on a morning tho, but hopefully once the incision fully heals I can reduce them as my sternum doesnt hurt that much itself.

Wow remarkable.....great video,super job on your chest zipper

Keep up the good work and watch your slippers,Ross is looking

for some now on another post:eek::D.i read.

zipper2 (DEB)

Waooooo you are doing really great!!!!!! Amazing and encouraging! Thanks to post this video.
Good luck and happy thanksgiving!

Doing great Dan! but don't over do your walking and don't lift anything heavy. I could not talk that much after one week so you are doing GREAT! Hang in there!! I hope you have friends bringing you food and stuff you need!!! Don't worry that scare will be gone in no time, I know it looks bad now but I mine looks great now! Two years today I had my surgery!!

Thanks, I wanted the blog / videos to reassure people, however there are a couple of ones going on tomorrow about my worst day in hospital where there was a lot of pain, but thats just a memory now, and a complete contrast to how I feel now!

Still taking plenty of pain meds on a night, and first thing on a morning tho, but hopefully once the incision fully heals I can reduce them as my sternum doesnt hurt that much itself.

You can probably throw the meds out after about 3 weeks and just go with strong asprin or ibuprofen. Your going to have some pain for at least 3 months as I remember. Not really pain, but rolling over wasn't fun.

Back