Αortic valve replacement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On Monday I will have a pre operation check , my surgery told me that he use a mechanical valve st jude or Livanova or everything is whatever it deems best . The hospital has all type as onx-medtronic and my size is around 27mm , I will have a hemy-sternotomy due to body anatomy.

As you know I have a bicuspid aortic valve ,my surgery told me that I have and 42 mm aorta dilatation . The guide lines to replace is 50 mm or 4.6 mm when replace the aortic valve ? So I'm worried it needs to be repaired now rather than in a few years.
The surgery said he will take the decision at the time of surgery after checkin it , if it is ok he don't replace it .
Your opinion please .

Hi Athens,

How come it will be that early? Mines at 40mm but that was last September as I also have a bicuspid
Just curious and are you UK based

Thanks

Ali

Hi Athens,

How come it will be that early? Mines at 40mm but that was last September as I also have a bicuspid
Just curious and are you UK based

Thanks

Ali
I live in Athens Greece and I will be have surgery for aortic valve that has leakage ,for this reason the surgeon will be check the ascending aorta if it is strong or gossamer .

Today I had the last check up (chest x ray and test blood ) next Friday I will for covid-19 test and 3 August I will have the operation .

Last edited:
Today I had the last check up (chest x ray and test blood ) next Friday I will for covid-19 test and 3 August I will have the operation .
Wishing you well. It’s a date you will never forget. It’ll be like another birthday for you, but none of your friends or family will remember or send you cards.

The view from my room . hospital ygeia Athens.
20200802_115045.jpg

We’ll be thinking of you. The waiting is the worst part. You’ll do well & will be enjoying that view while you recover. Keep us posted, Athens.

Latest posts

Back