Αortic valve replacement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATHENS1964

Today my cardiologist decided it was time for the surgery I have bicuspid aortic valve .
On Friday I have an appointment with the cardiac surgeon for enlargements. The surgery will be in the first week of April and the valve will be mechanical
Ι have ascending aortic 42 mm and perhaps the aorta is being replaced .

Whether to replace the ascending aorta is is an important decision. I hope that your appointment with the surgeon goes well.

Once the decision was made for my surgery, I found the normal greeting question became vexed, "How are you?"
"Fine thank you"
What a lie. I had a severely malfunctioning valve and open heart surgery was booked. Particularly at work, I didn't want to burden people, so with a smile came my reply, "Fine thank you".

Before you know it, the surgery will be complete, the first trying days will have passed and you will be returning to normal life. The "Fine thank you" will become real.

Whether to replace the ascending aorta is is an important decision. I hope that your appointment with the surgeon goes well.

Once the decision was made for my surgery, I found the normal greeting question became vexed, "How are you?"
"Fine thank you"
What a lie. I had a severely malfunctioning valve and open heart surgery was booked. Particularly at work, I didn't want to burden people, so with a smile came my reply, "Fine thank you".

Before you know it, the surgery will be complete, the first trying days will have passed and you will be returning to normal life. The "Fine thank you" will become real.

I know what you mean about work. I always answered "fine". I did tell people about my upcoming surgery. At one meeting, I said I was going to be out at least 6 weeks for a valve job...one scientist wanted to know why it took so long, thinking I was doing the valves on my car's engine :)

I know what you mean about work. I always answered "fine". I did tell people about my upcoming surgery. At one meeting, I said I was going to be out at least 6 weeks for a valve job...one scientist wanted to know why it took so long, thinking I was doing the valves on my car's engine :)

Αnd me a lot of people are making fun of me and saying I'm gonna go for service.
Ιn Greece we have a saying and I respond with that. <<Anyone who doesn't dance a lot of songs knows>>

I order the roche inr monitoring to can have it early . When I go back home I have a lot ready and deal with my recovery.
I made a list of the jobs I had to complete before.

The surgery was canceled for corona virus a doctor will call me for new date .

That is difficult. To be prepared for surgery and then it is cancelled. It would not be good getting corona virus in the first 4 weeks postop when it is difficult to take a deep breath.

Today my cardiologist decided it was time for the surgery I have bicuspid aortic valve .
On Friday I have an appointment with the cardiac surgeon for enlargements. The surgery will be in the first week of April and the valve will be mechanical
missed this ... best wishes for the Surgery in April

:)

Make sure you ask how long you can wait. Don't let them forget you. Make sure you know the symptoms that would mean "Operation NOW, Corona virus be damned."

Good luck!

[QUOTE = "tom στο MO, post: 896856, μέλος: 10927"]
Βεβαιωθείτε ότι ρωτάτε πόσο μπορείτε να περιμένετε. Μην τους αφήσεις να σε ξεχάσουν. Βεβαιωθείτε ότι γνωρίζετε τα συμπτώματα που θα σήμαινε "Λειτουργία NOW, Corona virus be damned."

Many thanks , I am lucky because my nephew is cardiology and my doctor , he said I have window for few month and he can care me with echo every month.

Hello ATHENS1964 I had my Aortic Valve Replaced the 18th of February, We did not know I was born with a bicuspid valve either until the after Surgery. The surgery went well I have a really great Surgeon and Cardiologist. My wife and I decided to get the newer On-x mechanical valve implanted and he also had to put a graft extension in my Aorta to make the new valve fit. I faintly remember first waking up after surgery thanking God I was back with my Wife and family. They gave me morphine and other meds I'm on Warfarin and Metoprolol for meds now. If you need any advice on my experience let me know. Best of luck.
Robert

It's time for my surgery ,I had a reason for covid-19 to postpone and new day is on Monday 3 August .
Τhe operation will be at the hospital Hygeia in Athens ,I'm afraid but I hope everything goes well.

I still remember my first boss at my high school job after I put in for the time off. Apparently didn’t really listen to the kid at the grocery store. Or I didn’t communicate well as a kid. My folks stopped in to shop and he was chatting with them and said, “So is this anything serious or....?”

It's time for my surgery ,I had a reason for covid-19 to postpone and new day is on Monday 3 August .
Τhe operation will be at the hospital Hygeia in Athens ,I'm afraid but I hope everything goes well.
I'll be recovering when you're going in so I'll be wishing you the best. My date is July 22. Here's to a successful surgery for you!

Latest posts

Back