Warfarin Protocol Initiated!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
j
However, despite all this, as a result of the test I had done on 26 April, I saw that my inr value dropped to 1.74. I sent the test result to the doctor who performed my surgery, and he rearranged Warfarin to 7.5 mg 3 days a week and 5 mg for the remaining 4 days.
not as simple to read as a table IMO (I do like to make it easier for the reader who is answering my questions out of good will rather than harder), importantly it doesn't show the fuller history.

7/04/2024​
2.1​
6.50​
14/04/2024​
2.2​
7.00​
21/04/2024​
2.6​
7.00​
28/04/2024​
2.9​
7.00​

Last edited:
Clinic blood draw today (Tuesday): INR now 1.3

A drop from last Thursday's 1.4
New dosage schedule given:
  • 9mg tonight
  • 9mg tomorrow
  • 7mg Thursday
  • Clinic INR test Friday
When the clinic called with my new INR figure at midday, they asked me to go back again in the afternoon to have a heparin (Dalteparin sodium – Fragmin®) injection. They want me on the Dalteparin every day until my next blood draw in three days' time, or until I am in range, should I not be by Friday.

They showed me how to self-inject and let me do my first dose. Given 6 days' supply of heparin syringes. 💉

It may even make sense to bridge for a few days until your INR is back above 2.0
Protime, you were correct!

Tonight I was counting out my warfarin tablets into my pill box, when I suddenly realised I was almost out of pills! How time flies. I'd better stock up. Will order more tomorrow.

Onwards to getting in range.

I really am not surprised ;-)
Tonight I was counting out my warfarin tablets into my pill box, when I suddenly realised I was almost out of pills! How time flies. I'd better stock up. Will order more tomorrow.
welcome to the system :)

my system is to always keep at least 1 bottle in reserve, as soon as I use one I go into the chemist and buy another.

However its a bit better, because I have a selection of three bottles; 1, 3 and 5mg. So its rare that all three are out at the same time. When I go in I always buy 1 of each size.

I'm also driven by my friend who's a pharmacist who often regaled me with stories of entitled pompus people ranting at him at 5:01pm (closing time) on Friday needing to get their script filled because they ran out.

Best Wishes

That is unfortunate, but not surprising. I am doubling down on my assertion that the blindfolded monkey throwing darts would beat this particular clinic.

Crossing fingers that this is the case. Now that they have finally gotten serious about increasing your warfarin dosage, I think you will be on your way to getting in range soon. On the other hand, let's wait and see what goofy thing they do next once you are in range again. :unsure: Hoping they don't drop you down to 5mg again.

A drop from last Thursday's 1.4
New dosage schedule given:
  • 9mg tonight
  • 9mg tomorrow
  • 7mg Thursday
  • Clinic INR test Friday
When the clinic called with my new INR figure at midday, they asked me to go back again in the afternoon to have a heparin (Dalteparin sodium – Fragmin®) injection. They want me on the Dalteparin every day until my next blood draw in three days' time, or until I am in range, should I not be by Friday.

They showed me how to self-inject and let me do my first dose. Given 6 days' supply of heparin syringes. 💉

Protime, you were correct!

Yeah, I go to a reliable lab, that is located where people also have cancer treatment. Been doing great. they use the same home devices as many here do. and when I am having issues, we catch while I am there and dose accordingly and the return trip. Heparin throws you a monkey wrench and takes time to get back to normal. And good you have a pill box. I have used mine for several years. Keep hanging in there.

Latest posts

Back