Staying the Course --- 10-10-2016

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Good to see this wonderful site back up! -- I'm assuming it's been down the past few days for all, not just a glitch on my end.

Anyway,the hiatus was just as well because we have been workig hard to Stay the Course through a mean hurricane, "Matthew." There is widespread damage here in coastal Carolina -- and inland as well. Schools still closed; power still off for many, roads a mess, rivers now flooding, piers shattered etc etc. At our own abode, somehow we escaped major damage -- don't know how because the back winds of the hurricane were fierce; looked out the sliding door for hours expecting to see a tree fall on us or a neighbor's place. Terrifying. Somehow the tall pines bent but didn't break or come down. Thousands in the area did bend, break and fall. Sad. A mess.

Then began the beautiful days after the big storm -- and what do I do? I fall flat on my face while walking Ellie. Don't know quite how it happened -- think it was the result of her suddenly lurching after a big black snake that apparently has taken up residence in our shubbery and mulch. A good snake, not a bad one -- the kind that eats things you'd want eaten. Anyway, suddenly I had fallen smack to the ground; face plant. Amazingly, apparently have only a scrape on my bionic knee, which still seems to work. I felt, though, for a day or so like I'd been in a car wreck.

Have a regularly scheduled echocardiogram today with my very skilled tech, so if anything is amiss there, she will find out. More later about that.

Hope all of y'all are well. Not sure if others were affected by the storm -- perhaps our founder, Cooker, was, for one -- farther inland but some impact I believe. Others too? Hopefully will hear from everyone.

Cheers,

Superbob

SB, your life is just riddled with roadblocks right now. I hope everything checks out A-OK at the cardio. Do let us know.

I've been through a couple of bad hurricanes over the years but thankfully was never impacted the way your area has been. Glad you escaped the worst of the damage.

Hugs,
Michele

I was thinking of you Superbob when I saw the terrible results of the hurricane. Glad you had no major damage from it. I bet that fall though was a shock, no wonder you felt rough after..

All the best for your echo !

Glad you made it through the storm without major issues, SB. Those things are scary! I've seen what tornadoes can do inland, and just can't imagine what a major hurricane would be like.

Take good care of yourself - try to stay upright when you're supposed to! Hope that scrape is really all that there is.

We're here, just stayin' the course.

Thanks all! Had my echo yesterday and the tech (who is very good; she's been doing echos for 30 years) said "everything looked good" to her. However, I meet with the cardio next week to go over the details. Getting ready for the Heart Walk this Saturday on the beach. That will be quite an experience so soon after a major hurricane. It's Waccamaw Heart Walk if you want to check it out online; just google it. (Waccamaw is a local Native American tribe for which many good things are named in our community -- schools, hospitals, etc. -- even a river that is flooding right now. Yikes!)

BTW, mellyouttaphase, I appreciated your well wishes in last week's thread, and I welcome you to our merry band of Stay the Coursers. Would love to have you join us (no dues no required posts; we just talk about life in general or fitness topics in particular, sometimes)... anyway, welcome!

Thanks, Bob! I'll be sure to check in and am pleased to hear you made it through the storm. Not sure if I have really "stayed the course" this week as I went away over the weekend to meet up with friends and indulged quite a bit (a lot). Oops. All in good fun though and I kickstarted Monday in a brilliant mood as a result! Yeah!

Latest posts

Back