Staying the Course --- 09--19--2016

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Hey guys, what's up? We are having off and on thunderstorms all week -- humidity sky high, We got caught in one driving over the Intracoastal Waterway a few hours ago and visibility was close to zero, I swear. scary. That's not the first time I've had that experience on the waterway -- you get the feeling that a tsunami is about to sweep you up and then suck you back in the sea or toss you 10 miles inland like a piece of driftwood.

Saturday is our 50th wedding anniversary. What can I say -- we're old. And I married a remarkably patient and forgiving woman. We have arrangements for a getaway in the other Carolina, nice beachfront spot -- BUT -- now comes the gasoline shortage resulting from the pipeline break -- service stations are running out of gas, prices are soaring, and Guv of the Tar Heel State has even declared a state of emergency. Sooooo, we might move our getaway to a week later in the fall, Would be a bummer to be exploring shops etc and be worried bout running out of gas (or actually having that happen -- though of course way back in the day we guys plotted how to make this happen at just the right time, if you get my drift --- haha!

Ellie acted more lethargic than I've seen her this morning but she doesn't seem to be sick. Just a smart dawg who knows a good napping day when she sees the rain falling by the buckets.

Look forward to hearing about the courses y'all are staying.

Cheers,

Superbob

50 Years? I'm not sure I can count that high! Congratulations to you and your DW, SuperBob!

We're just hanging around here this week. The weather is beginning to think about changing a bit, with some days sunny and in the mid-80's, others down into the 70's. I'm not sure what to expect for fall this year, but I hope for a pleasant, temperate fall to be able to enjoy being outdoors a bit. This past summer was just too hot and muggy to be able to enjoy doing anything outdoors.

Hope everyone is and stays well. We're just Stayin' the Course!

Indeed, it is quiet, Steve -- I guess a busy time of year. A lot to preoccupy people, too, outside of regular work and play. ('Nuff said.) So anyway hope all are well. DW and I are prepping for hopefully a peaceful oceanside getaway -- family members will hold down the fort for us. Some day before long, I'd like to do a mountain getaway. Saw a country music presentation of "almost heaven, West Virginia," and made me a bit nostalgic for the Blue Ridge Mountains. But love the ocean vistas and walking. Ellie dawg gets to go with us, and I know she'll be thrilled to walk the beaches with me. Good time of the year for it.

Cheers!

Here's the link to the music I mentioned. It is happy viewing for me, maybe some of y'all, too.

http://countryrebel.com/blogs/videos/video-for-country-musics-most-epic-mashup-has-been-released

And "mashup" is the term I couldn't think of -- much better than "presentation." : )

I've been sick as a dog! Popped a rib from coughing and man that hurt. But got prescription strength naproxen and now I'm ok. And I was being so healthy too, on a roll! Well a few more days and I'll be able to breathe and walk again.

dornole;n868868 said:
I've been sick as a dog! Popped a rib from coughing and man that hurt. But got prescription strength naproxen and now I'm ok. And I was being so healthy too, on a roll! Well a few more days and I'll be able to breathe and walk again.

Goodness, that's terrible. dornole! Glad the prescription is helping though. Hope you're fully recovered soon. Hugs (gentle ones).

Happy 50th, Mr. and Mrs. Superbob! I know you're celebrating! Dornole, was the coughing a result of pneumonia or what? Having a rib crack is beyond extreme! I'm considering an ice cream run; been good all week but enough is enough! Wishing everyone a good weekend!

Nope, just a lot of uncontrollable dry coughing jags from a cold and now the cartilage around one of my ribs is strained and inflamed. The prescription strength Naproxen is working so I no longer feel like I am being stabbed when I cough. The rib is starting to settle back into its rightful place and I can sleep. I've had pneumonia, this was way worse. Just a freak thing I guess. Glad to be on the mend!!

Latest posts

Back