Staying the Course -- 05-02-2016

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Trying to stay the course -- but it's tough at the moment. AC went on fritz Friday -- and they had to order a rather uncommon part -- luckily my warranty does cover the cost of the part, but not the labor. Anyway we are waiting for the part still, four days now and tomorrow is supposed to be esp. muggy and stormy. After that, if we still have to wait, the weather does become less humid, more pleasant. I know we are all spoiled by AC but it's tough. I've also been keeping my son's dog Dasher so have extra big body to worry about. Got fans going, windows open, trying to keep air circulating. Do best when we have some breezes from outside to circulate in.

Hard to concentrate on much of anything.

Anyway hope the rest of you are having a good week.

Ugh. . . heat and humidity. I can tolerate them, but not when I'm trying to sleep. We also have central air conditioning, but we have kept two small window air conditioners that we used to use upstairs. If the main unit fails and cannot be quickly repaired, I can install one of the small ones in a bedroom window to help until repairs can be made. We haven't needed the extra cooling upstairs these last couple of summers, as it hasn't been that warm here.

In fact, last year and the year before, it didn't even get warm enough to keep the windows open until nearly the end of May, and this year doesn't look much different. Our high temps have only been in the 50's this week, with nightly lows in the low to mid-40's. I wonder when it will warm up this year. . .

Sorry to hear that SB. Can't do without AC in Texas, either. How maddening to be without for 4+ days. Keep calling and screaming. Or better yet, take baby dawg to the repair center and let her lick some faces. Might intimidate 'em :)

speaking of baby dawg, I had the back screen door (sliding) open this morning, she spotted a squirrel, and couldn't wait for me to open it, so knocked the door down. Then she dug a hole in the mud apparently searching for moles (or maybe a snake, who knows), and I had to wipe her paws and nose before letting her back in. Too much lightning to walk her -- guess she's got excess energy. Thundery and heavy storms today -- humidity supposed to drop after today and actually be quite pleasant/low humidity by Thursday. Hope we can stay the course til then.

Dealing with snow melt and more rain coming here in Denver. Looking at more cancelled soccer games this weekend. I'm sooo ready for some good golf weather. At least the grass is green and my water bill will be low. Still riding bikes and teaching my son tennis when we can. Weight staying constant unfortunately. Gotta eat better! Some day I'll figure it out I guess. Keep on truckin'!

Good to hear from y'all. Our a-c is finally back online, a week after. We were blessed with a few cool days, and now we have it back just in time for a heat-up to near summery weather, so we lucked out. Geting ready to walk Ellie dawg, then go to grandson's Little League game. Hope all yawl are doing well.

Weight is staying nicely under control, BTW, even though I indulged in some comfort food (named peach pie and ice cream) on a couple of the hot, humid days when the a-C was out. Back on track now with some tasty turkey and veggie subs. Will post weigh-in with Monday's new Staying the Course starter.

Have a fun weekend, all!

Latest posts

Back