Staying the Course -- 02/29/2016

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Happy Leap Day! Hope you all have enjoyed your Leap Day -- will have to wait for four years for another one. Cherry pie or chocolate cake sounded like good ways to celebrate, but sadly I don't find any in the house.

Another pretty manic Monday -- out-of-town doctor's appointment for the Missus. Lot going on.

Hanging in there with weight -- still about 9 pounds down (9.2 last I looked) since got Miss Ellie as my new walking buddy.

Hope all are doing well.

Cheers,

Superbob

Superbob hello no chocolate cake over here either. Lol
Its been a few week since posting in staying the course mostly cause l don't know what course l've been on quite frankly. It's been a long haul for me 5 out of 8 weeks have been spent in hospital. But l am happy to say l am down 17 lbs since discharge from my 3 week OHS stay. So that's quite a drop on one mth. That is really without excersise as l was so nauseas l couldn't even walk until a week ago. Although l am feeling better l am far from well as other complications took over. So not even cardiac rehab for thus girl for probably another couple of weeks or so as l have alot of follow up appointments to catch up with and a whole lot of new and continued testing to find an internal bleed causing great stress and discomfort on my body. Looking forward to being on the mend and my life back.
Cheers Xx

Hello, Superbob; hello, Harriet!

Harriet, when you are able to start cardiac rehab I know you will feel so much better. I hope it is soon.

Superbob, I hope the missus is feeling goodl, and her doctor's appointment went well.

My weight's about the same as last week, but the best news is my return to walking. It is amazing how much better I feel in general, and about myself in particular, when I'm on a regular exercise routine. I hope everyone has a good week!

congrats on resuming regular walks, Duffey -- Spring is in the air, perfect time for new beginnings.

Harriet, I echo about Cardiac Rehab. You have been through a lot but carefully monitored CR tailored for your needs can help!

Just dropped by to say howdy. All is going pretty well in Chimpville. Down about 20 pounds since September 1, 2015. I started using the myfitnesspal app the end of January and it has been a big help in tracking my food intake. Most of you know me and know that I still have days when I'm attacked by a box of chocolates or other sweets (Vanilla Wafers last night) but that's ok.

Glad to see all seem to be well. If I did not have a birthday dinner to go to tonight we would be heading to IOP to enjoy the SC sunshine. Love our coastal visits.

peace out.............

honeybunny;n863338 said:
I am loving the sunny weather we are having. Lots more energy to exercise.

Sun? What's THAT? Here in Chicago, we often have weeks at a time when it remains cloudy. Right now, the weather forecast calls for warm-ish temperatures, but high probabilities of some form of precipitation almost every day for the next two weeks. In Chicago we don't get sun tans. . . we rust.

Cooker;n863342 said:
Just dropped by to say howdy. All is going pretty well in Chimpville. Down about 20 pounds since September 1, 2015. I started using the myfitnesspal app the end of January and it has been a big help in tracking my food intake. Most of you know me and know that I still have days when I'm attacked by a box of chocolates or other sweets (Vanilla Wafers last night) but that's ok.

Glad to see all seem to be well. If I did not have a birthday dinner to go to tonight we would be heading to IOP to enjoy the SC sunshine. Love our coastal visits.

peace out.............

Hey Mr. Chimp -- great to see you here! Congrats on the 20 pound loss. I guess since we have disbanded the Throwdown investigatory team, we won't be looking into whether any metamucil/prune juice concoctions were involved. :Smile: Seriously, awesome accomplishment! 20 is big -- how many vats of banana pudding might that represent? I have some more progress on my dawgwalking, weight-loss front, but I'll save the news for Monday's thread starter. Hope you will check in with us often!

Latest posts

Back