Staying the Course -- 02/05/2018

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love a weight bet. I'm enrolled in one now in Tokyo. Kick off was Jan. 22, 2018. There are 12 male competitors and I'm leading thus far. 10 week challenge. Weight in was 100.9 KG (222 lbs.). Now 96 (211.2) with a target of 88 (193.6) by April 2, 2018. A stretch goal, but 1kg (2.2 lbs.) per week is doable with diet, only 1 cheat day per week (booze) and exercise. I'll have the excell spreadsheet to confirm from my club if I get there. My "code name" is football, but i'm not the biggest challenger, last years' winner lost 20kg but he starts at 130kg (286lbs.) this year. These big weight swings are not good for the body (heart esp.) but versus staying the same weight an effort is worth it, to my mind at least. Thanks Superbob! JCG

jcgtok17 , does that mean you’ve accepted this challenge, too? You may win it. Not that you get anything except satisfaction and bragging rights :)

Took my water pill on Thursday and went to my dance class and was down 3 lbs. to 151.4 on Friday. As I said earlier, that’s what I was onto the week before so my challenge is to lose the 6.4 from this point. Just gotta stay the course.

Paleowoman, my phone lets me change Siri’s voice so I’ve got me a man! I can choose a British accent as well.

HB there are different types of British accent. Get yourself a Cockney and brace yourself for a bit of a mouf-full.

'You asked me that yesterday. You're 'aving a laugh at my expense, aren't ya? Do I look like a mug? Yeah, walk away muppet.'

JCG, sounds like you're in a serious weight challenge and doing well. I think you're right about 2 pounds or so a week being a reasonable rate. Honeybunny, looks like you're all in, and about to kick my butt. Had a few eating "setbacks" this weekend from being out and about and grazing off the land of fruited fast-food (well, not fruited really; make that sugared or fried)....Nevertheless, will report in with tomorrow's thread starter.

Superbob. a rare weight gain week, but was later in the day and likely not a trend. Next weigh in next Thursday, the 22nd. Good luck to all. Keeping clear(er) of complex carbs key is seems.

Latest posts

Back