Softball

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rush20

Bradenton/Lakewood Ranch, FL. (Heart Still In Chi
I'm curious how many valve replacement members still play softball? I've played baseball all my life and through college. Afterwards I got involved in the competitive 12" leagues, Class D through Class B and although I have slowed down on tournaments due to family and career demands, I still like to play in leagues during the summer.

Due to my coumadin medication, I'm curious if softball is still an option. When I told my cardio I want to play again this summer he said let's wait a few more months before deciding. Regardless, I plan ;) to play again. Besides an occassional scrape or cut, I can't imagine anything else that would prevent me from playing.

Do any other members have a history or horror story to share?

I think it kinda depends on how "serious" or "rough" you play the game....

My Dad manages a city softball team (12", iirc) and most of the players are "older", with a few "youngins" mixed in the bunch. Some of the older ones "tough it out"...and attempt to do the wild things they could in their younger years; others tend to "back off" and not push themselves as much.

I suspect injuries (i.e. running into another player with great force...or getting hit anywhere on the body by a lline drive ball, etc.) could be a problem, along with the cuts, etc., you mentioned....

You should at least "wait 'n' see" how things are in the spring...after all, we got a while to go :(.

"It's not the car I want, it's the brunette in your Vette that turns me on" ... George Jones ... 'The Corvette Song'

"So much more aware" ... Linkin Park ... 'Numb'

HTH...Peace...always,
Cort S, pig valve & pacemaker-enhanced 30/swm
AIM=fc72mc...YIM=knightfan2691 / "The Uniter"..."Mr Road Trip"
member & newsletter editor, Faith COB = http://www.faithcob.org
"Mr MC's" Family...UPD, Kudos Ray! = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
RIP = '76, Parents' [my] MC ... '88 MC LS ... '00 "mc" LS
Spotting MCs = http://www.chevyasylum.com/mcspotter/main.html
MC's Future = http://www.projectmonte.com/petition/

Heck, I was a crummy softball player when I was a kid. Don't think that Coumadin has done anything to help my inherent lack of hand-eye coordination. I was always better at sports that involved running into things and falling down...

Mark

;)

Allen

Allen

All you need to be concerned with..is getting hit in the head with a ball:eek: :eek: What position do you play?..I cannot wait until little league baseball Spring..to go and watch my Grandson... but..learned last year...those kids can hit a foul ball into stands.:eek: :eek: Almost..got 2 in head last year..:D :D I may even wear a helmet this Spring.:D I am really enjoying his basketball season..The worse..I can do, is fall off of the stands.//Screaming..shoot the ball:D :D Bonnie

All you need to be concerned with..is getting hit in the head with a ball
You could be hit by a car enroute to playing ball and suffer a head injury too, but is that really going to stop you from going? Not likely. I say have fun. What good is this new lease on life if you don't have a life?

Softball

I still play church softball and basketball all of the time. Church sports are the roughest kind around.

I don't worry about it.

Whats the point of having surgery and going through recovery if I am not going to live a somewhat fun life after that?

Anyway - That's just me..

Amen..Ross

Amen..Ross

In going anywhere in a car..Went to Waffle House for breakfast..3 adults..2 kids and a baby. Baby in his car seat.. Trying to find enough car belts for everyone for a ten minute ride...Son is a Policeman..We were all trying to find a buckle.. for a 10 minute ride...He would NOT leave unless we all had one....He hAS seen so MANY accidents. Too. horrible to tell. Buckle everyone PLEASE...Heard on Radio today..Horrible accident on road..we travel everyday...:eek: :eek: Bonnie

I got a really bad bruise 2 years ago catching hardball for my son, the pitcher. Took one on the ankle. Still feel it when I rub my hand over it. I picked up a used mask and shin guards.

I've played softball since AVR. I wore shin guards (soccer style - don't even know they are there) in the infield and pitcher. Didn't play outfield cause I had trouble picking up the ball with bifocals (and my lack of speed to run it down). My biggest problem was being out of shape.

My team disbanded and I haven't pursued another team. I've heard that some leagues are switching to a softer ball to help avoid injuries.

Latest posts

Back