Same Type machine +/- .5 inr?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you really want to get a good batch of blood for a test you could try what I did the other day. I was cutting some fabric and tried to cut the tip off my finger. Yes, the bleeding stopped biy I still have it pressure bandaged. It probably would have liked a couple of stitches but we were having a blizzard...

If you really want to get a good batch of blood for a test you could try what I did the other day. I was cutting some fabric and tried to cut the tip off my finger. Yes, the bleeding stopped biy I still have it pressure bandaged. It probably would have liked a couple of stitches but we were having a blizzard...

sorry to hear that but i already tried that! about a month and a half ago i was at work, pushing a table of sheet metal across the shop when a piece of metal snagged a table which sent it slicing into my thumb! i had blood everywhere!

went to the clinic and it wouldn't stop bleeding ... of corse! took two matra(sp)(deep) stitches and 4 regular to close up the wound.

my blood was plenty thin! that is for sure! ha

Last edited:
Okay enough! Cutting off finger tips, metal slicing in a thumb....I'm cringing as I read. Lets work and play safe.....no more injuries okay?

Actually, this is a good reason to carry a CoaguChek XS or an InRatio meter and a couple strips.....at the first sign of bleeding, turn the meter on, pop in a strip, and test. (The only problem here is that these meters only want the FIRST drop of blood, so I guess this wouldn't really work).

Because your girlfriends reading indicates it is accurate then next time at the clinic take the first drop and offer the nurse the second and then comapre

that is a good idea..... but i dont know when i will go back up there. maybe the next appointment i will bring my meter along! thanks

I realize that Greg was probably joking, but for all but the ProTime meters, the only way to get an accurate test is to use the First drop. So - one drop from two fingers (or two incisions on the same finger) is the way to to two tests at once.

Marsha - wow... at least you lived through it :biggrin2:

Nothing like being woke up in the middle of the night and being saturated in your own blood. I was very surprised -- the blood washed out of the sheets, mattress pad, etc.

BTW, always keep a bottle of club soda in your pantry to get blood stains out. Works like a dream! I didn't know about club soda back then.

Latest posts

Back