Rim to River to Rim in the Grand Canyon

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superman

Last year my wife and I hiked from the South Rim to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, staying overnight at the bottom. This year, the whole family wanted in on the action. With a pipeline break and trail damage closing the North Kaibob Trail, all seven of us hiked down the South Kaibob, stayed at the Phantom Ranch and hiked up the Bright Angel Trail. Just packed my meds with and off we went.

Everyone made it out, with me hanging back just to be sure they all got out safe. Yeah, that’s the ticket! Kidding of course. They all waited at the last turn for me to catch up and we were able to exit the trail as a family.

Twice is enough for me though. Those last 1,000 feet or so get pretty rough after eight hours of hiking. Some people do that route in a day. More power to them!

654800FC-7EA9-47F6-84D8-E129951B888A.jpeg

A little break on the way up, not looking so Super.

Scored a night at Phantom Ranch too? Well done. Definitely on the bucket list. Have been to both the north and south rims, and hiked a good bit below each but would really like to do the adventure you did. Congrats on getting it done (twice) - especially with the family!

Scored a night at Phantom Ranch too? Well done. Definitely on the bucket list. Have been to both the north and south rims, and hiked a good bit below each but would really like to do the adventure you did. Congrats on getting it done (twice) - especially with the family!
It was going to be closed this year for refurbishment so the lottery was shut down. They delayed the project in January and since they needed to fill up, they opened to first come/first served reservations- no lottery. My wife stayed up all night and got us a spot. She’s so awesome! 10 person cabin too! Fit our whole crew.

Back