Random bruising on stomach

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckeogh

Hi,

Been on Warfarin about 10 months now. No issues or side effects of brusing until about 2 weeks ago I spotted a bruise on my stomach without any trauma to that area.
Over the last two weeks it has got worse in colour and is now a dark purple, size has stayed the same (about the size of a 2euro coin).

Has anyone else experienced this or is it something I should go get checked out.

I'm on Arprin 75mg and warfarin

Thanks

Hi

Over the last two weeks it has got worse in colour and is now a dark purple
with no injury or anything at all to explain it (and I have no idea if there is any belly fat or if you are cut like a sixpack) its hard to know (no picture doesn't really help either) if its trivial or concerning. No INR data also makes it more cloudy.

I would recommend you see your doctor as a priority. You could have had some soft of muscular bleed ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I get random bruises in weird places. I believe its from my CPAP tube or mask pressing into my skin for several hours. Do you wear a large watch that you might be sleeping on?

Hi,

Been on Warfarin about 10 months now. No issues or side effects of brusing until about 2 weeks ago I spotted a bruise on my stomach without any trauma to that area.
Over the last two weeks it has got worse in colour and is now a dark purple, size has stayed the same (about the size of a 2euro coin).

It seems strange that, after two weeks, the bruise is getting "worse in color". I'd have your doc look at it.

Hi

with no injury or anything at all to explain it (and I have no idea if there is any belly fat or if you are cut like a sixpack) its hard to know (no picture doesn't really help either) if its trivial or concerning. No INR data also makes it more cloudy.

I would recommend you see your doctor as a priority. You could have had some soft of muscular bleed ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fairly average build but definitely more belly fat than six pack 😂.

INR was 2.9 today, I've booked in with my doctor tomorrow just to be sure . Seems odd going to a doctor over a bruise but still early days taking warfarin so still fairly new

Thanks for the reply

I get random bruises in weird places. I believe its from my CPAP tube or mask pressing into my skin for several hours. Do you wear a large watch that you might be sleeping on?
No watch or anything but I wouldn't rule out falling asleep on something.
I'm sure it's nothing to serious but just being cautious with it being new. Up until now I hadn't had any effects from warfarin, INR has been continuously in range and not bruising or prolonged bleeding.

INR was 2.9 today, I've booked in with my doctor tomorrow just to be sure . Seems odd going to a doctor over a bruise but still early days taking warfarin so still fairly new
good to know. I can get brusies on my belly leaning over something that pokes me (such as when working on my motorbike) and not notice it. That you mention purple without any other qualification is either worrying or trivial. Shade and intensity would help. Its like saying "going fast" ... on my scooter that's 27kmh ... on my motorbike that's 140kmh ...

if you'd have posted a picture perhaps you wouldn't need to go to your Dr.
Images help (which is why you go to the Dr, so he/she can see). This is my lower leg after walking into my towbar
1691099207127.png

I was not concerned (except that it fhukken hurt when my shin impacted it). That contained purple and yellow, but there was an intensity to it before it started to drain down over the week.

Hi,

Has anyone else experienced this or is it something I should go get checked out.

I'm on Arprin 75mg and warfarin

Thanks
You may have hit it or tapped it and did not hurt when that happened. Bruises come in many colors and for us on Warfarin, we have to keep a special eye on our bruises. It should get better soon and start to fade in a few days. My mother used to get them when using Terry coated aspirin for her RA. I get all kinds of bruises due to being on warfarin and aspirin. Just keep an eye on the bigger ones.

good to know. I can get brusies on my belly leaning over something that pokes me (such as when working on my motorbike) and not notice it. That you mention purple without any other qualification is either worrying or trivial. Shade and intensity would help. Its like saying "going fast" ... on my scooter that's 27kmh ... on my motorbike that's 140kmh ...

if you'd have posted a picture perhaps you wouldn't need to go to your Dr.
Images help (which is why you go to the Dr, so he/she can see). This is my lower leg after walking into my towbar
View attachment 889421
I was not concerned (except that it fhukken hurt when my shin impacted it). That contained purple and yellow, but there was an intensity to it before it started to drain down over the week.
has it gotten better, I see some swelling also there on the foot and leg. Might want that checked out, since you said there is draining going on, that is not normal.

Latest posts

Back