Ran a 10K this weekend

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Shine_on_Syd

Ran a 10K (6.2 miles) road race yestersay in 1:05:58. That's a pace of 10:37 minutes per mile. Feel great!!! And I'm happy with my performance. Felt strong all they way. I have been running this race for years and wouldn't miss it for anything.
I feel good for a 56 year guy who is 14 months post OHS. It's my opinion that excercise is a great prescription for valve replacement recovery.
It all started by walking a few blocks within days of surgery - so get on those sneakers :)

Way to go!

Way to go!

James,
That is terrific! It always give me a sense of renewed optimism when you guys participate in these events.
Mary

Go James!

Go James!

Excellent, James!

I have to agree with your opinion that exercise is great medicine after heart surgery. I'm not sure how many people actually can exercise after a heart op -- some have unfortunate complications -- but if ya can do it, it's wonderful!

Congrats on your achievement!

Way to go, James! :D

I'm sure it felt really great to be able to compete again. I love hearing from valvers who have gotten their lives back to normal, or even better than normal!

Hi James,

The first thing I noticed is we had our operation on the same date a year appart. I had mine on Apr 18th 2004.

Your achievement is WOW to me. Were you fit before or did the MVR push you in this direction?

I can now (2 months post) do fast walking for 6 km. I can not run the impact gives me pain around the sternum. Hope to be were you are in a year from now!

Daniel

Latest posts

Back