One year with mechanical valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not everyone has a quality lab in their area. Hearing a lab referred to as a “guru” hits the funny bone.

I’ve had some pretty bad labs over the years and I would not call the people there, “guru’s”. The current group I partner with is pretty great. I like them because we talk about solutions rather than them just over-correcting (which I battled with a lot back in the 1990’s). It’s also why I see them as partners rather than just a lab. I do my tests at home, but we have a call and discuss dosing, they take care of supplies and refills, etc.

Take my recent high side INR after traveling as an example. I sent in my result. They proposed a dose change that required pill splitting. I told them what I had on hand and countered an alternative dose within 0.5mg’s of their proposal and mine wouldn’t require pill splitting. They agreed. Updated my chart. Two days later I was back in range.

I’m guessing Timmay’s experience ist nicht so gut.
I do not have a way to do it at home, for they have the same home machine you all use. And I do fine with the lab I use, for it is in a cancer center. They have helped me for several years, since I switched hospitals and lab. Doing great with their help. I am on limited income. SSDI and cannot always afford what Medicare and the new med insurance does not cover everything. And also, diabetic and have other health issues and take several medications that is not covered by the med insurance. So, it is better to go to the lab, and they can go over the dosage right there within minutes.

Back