New Prescription bottle Label.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gadgetman

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
This might not be new to you "big city folks" but I never noticed it before. On the new bottles of pain and antibotics pills I got today it gives you the description of the pill. The Cephalexin says "This is a SWEDISH ORANGE OBLONG-shaped CAPSULE imprinted with 93-3147 on the front and 93-3147 on the back". The Propoxy-N/APAP says "This is a PINK OBLONG-shaped TABLET imprinted with a 93 on the front and 890 on the back."

What a great idea. I sometimes wondered how you could tell if the pills inside were the right ones. I didn't think they could put any more information on that label but they did. This came from CVS/Pharmacy.

Neat.

May God Bless,

Danny :)

gadgetman said:
This might not be new to you "big city folks" but I never noticed it before. On the new bottles of pain and antibotics pills I got today it gives you the description of the pill. The Cephalexin says "This is a SWEDISH ORANGE OBLONG-shaped CAPSULE imprinted with 93-3147 on the front and 93-3147 on the back". The Propoxy-N/APAP says "This is a PINK OBLONG-shaped TABLET imprinted with a 93 on the front and 890 on the back."

What a great idea. I sometimes wondered how you could tell if the pills inside were the right ones. I didn't think they could put any more information on that label but they did. This came from CVS/Pharmacy.

Neat.

May God Bless,

Danny :)

I like the pharms that give each family member their on color coded caps too, (especially since Don and I are getting older and more and more bottles lol)
I'll have to check fr the pill descrption

Danny,
I use CVS here as well - here is 25 miles west of Boston- and we just got those "fancy" labels within the last month. I'm thinking this must be their solution to preventing more fatal errors like were highlighted on ABC's 20/20 on March 30.
I found a link on the ABC website in case anyone would like to read it.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2007/03/results_of_the_.html

Patients really need to check their meds and make sure they are the right ones especially if it is a prescription for something new that you are not familiar with. Ironically, the week before the 20/20 expose a co-worker's brother had a reaction to a new med he received - turns out he was not given the right med. by the pharmacy. Fortunately he is okay but he did wind up in the hospital at first.

Check your meds!

I just checked the prescription that I picked up this morning and it's not there. It's not on the two half pages of printed information either. I think that it is a good idea though. I'm not sure where they could fit it on my label. I can always tell when they have a new supply of stickers because every single one will be stuck on my bottle. Today it's the ones about taking aspirin type products and drinking alcohol.

Now, who, besides me, thinks that giving me the printed information each and every time I refill my prescriptions is a total waste of trees? They put the same exact information on both of my Warfarin prescriptions. I've never really read it because I had been taking Warfarin for quite a while before they started this practice. I'm reading it now and find some of the info funny (and a little misleading). Here's some of my favorites (caps are theirs, not mine):

"Brush your teeth carefully with a soft toothbrush, floss your teeth gently, and use caution when shaving." Isn't this common sense for anyone, not just those of us on Warfarin?

"DO NOT BECOME OVERHEATED in hot weather as this may change the effect of this medicine." I knew there was a reason that I'm staying fat and lazy in my air conditioned home now that it's over 90!

The one that I didn't know about - "DO NOT drink cranberry juice or eat cranberry products while you are using this medicine."

Latest posts

Back