New home monitoring device

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lance

When surfing the internet I came across this paper published in The Annals of Thoracic Surgery last year entitled:

"Early Detection of Mechanical Valve Dysfunction Using a New Home Monitoring Device".

This device is called a ThromboCheck.

Seems like a good idea.

Has anyone else encountered this product?

Lance, thanks for posting this.....I've got to remember to check out more German sites.

All of you mech valvers: Click on the link then click on Thrombocheck and then scroll down and click on "further information".
There are some great pics and also an ultra sound live action view, very interesting.
Wouldn't we all like to have our own mini scanner:)

Thanks for the link

Thanks for the link

Hi Ross,
Thanks for posting the very informative link with photos. The manufacturers just handed them out to 483 patients. What a great idea.

Bina, every so often I peruse the cardiac journals seeking info about mechanical valves and found the paper. I think it's a great idea, been tested over a 3-year period so it must be useful.

Now the big question--what does it cost.

Maybe would should see if Lance from QAS has heard about this? It appears not available for U.S. use, but hey, you never know.

Latest posts

Back