How long does it take to regulate?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cinconinos

I'm almost five weeks post-surgery, double valve replacement of my aortic and mitral valves. My INR levels are still bouncing like crazy. I've been told that it will eventually level off, any idea when that might happen? I was having digestive issues but they have been resolved so I've been eating regularly and healthier. So how long did it take for yours to reach a steady level?

Considering that your body has just had about the most massive disruption you can get to your core it will be healing and readjusting for some months. I did not settle down for about 6 months, I have read of others who were shorter and longer.

also, be aware that everyone seems to regard the words "settle down" in different ways. You will not get a "flat line" and there will always be some wiggle in it. That's just "normal" in my view.

Mine looks like this
16876569857_0ca90610f2_c.jpg

the graph also has my dose in there too ... be careful to note the scales on the dose axis before you become concerned that my dose changed terribly. It only altered between 7 and 8.5mg daily

cinconinos;n860085 said:
I'm almost five weeks post-surgery, double valve replacement of my aortic and mitral valves. My INR levels are still bouncing like crazy. I've been told that it will eventually level off, any idea when that might happen? I was having digestive issues but they have been resolved so I've been eating regularly and healthier. So how long did it take for yours to reach a steady level?
Pellicle is right on the money. It might take 6+ months, maybe sooner if your lucky. It took my body about 7 months to adjust. I had uncontrollable nose bleeds and a brain bleed. My inr bounced from 2.0-7.0. :)

Alot of it was my fault, I use to dip Coppenhagen snuff, about a can a day. Let me tell you, that is a big NO NO on warfarin. When I kicked the habit I haven't had any problems.

I was 91 days to get into range and stat there. I got in range my last test the days I came off it. I was pretty close the last week or so leading up to it

Thank you all! I have now been discharged from home health care and will attend my first Coumadin clinic tomorrow. I'm just trying to be patient and look forward to only being stuck once a week, dare I say, once a month.

Latest posts

Back